PDA

View Full Version : Looking to replace stator coils? DON'T buy from these guys!

Doc Holliday
07-19-2013, 11:09 AM
Just a quick note - DON'T buy anything from MFG Supply in Wisconsin. They have absolutely NO guarantee or warranty on their electrical parts. They don't stand behind what they sell at all and were very rude when I called to ask about an exchange or refund on a bad coil they sold me. NO REFUND, NO EXCHANGES, PERIOD. Bad business, stay away! Spend your money elsewhere.

ScreaminRed
07-19-2013, 05:38 PM
This is a quote from their site. Pretty obviously stated....
This aftermarket coil is a direct replacement of your OEM coil NOTE: This Coil is sold without a warranty and is non-returnable. The manufacturer has pre-tested it to insure the quality; however due to the many possible causes of failure (if the electrial system is not properly diagnosed and repaired) there is no warranty or return on this part.
No return on electrical items.

I bought from them, but it wasn't electrical and I had no issues. There are two sides to every story. No hard feelings Doc! :)

kb0nly
07-20-2013, 01:14 AM
Wow some selling policy, really makes me want to buy from them... NOT

ScreaminRed
07-20-2013, 08:52 AM
Wow some selling policy, really makes me want to buy from them... NOT

It's great that there are other choices, no doubt. :)

Howdy
07-21-2013, 02:06 AM
I have bought lots of stuff from them. The only time I had a issue is when they sent the wrong piston size. 2 days later they had me fixed up.

If you are worrried about electrical stuff warranties then don't ever buy any. I say this because most places don't accept returns on electrical stuff. Heck, try buying electrical from a Honda dealer and as them about returns. You pay more and get the same warranty.
Howdy

honda200xguy
07-22-2013, 12:29 AM
Always Always Always make sure there's a warranty!
Or atleast that they have a return policy.

tvpierce
07-22-2013, 07:14 AM
No return policy on electrical parts is pretty standard -- even at local brick and mortar parts stores. I think it's the case at my local NAPA, Advance Auto, etc.

kb0nly
07-22-2013, 02:41 PM
Hmm, its not standard for me. I can go into Napa and buy just about anything electrical, it don't work i bring it back for exchange, they never complain about it. I just brought back an alternator last week, and a month back i brought back an ignition module that didn't seem to act right, the second one worked perfect though.

I realize there is a lot that can go wrong with electrical items, don't get me wrong i buy and sell a lot of this stuff too. But when it comes to a stator, if there is no physical damage to it and a coil burns open, how is that the fault of the operator? I have seen stator coils fail on trikes with nothing but stock lights and nothing else wrong, was just a bad coil it happens.

I bought some cheap CDI's off a guy on ebay, one didnt work, i got that replaced also. No questions asked.

Just seems to me to be a bad policy not to stand behind your products. I can say that with total confidence. I build custom computers on a pretty regular basis, i expect my customers to come back if there is problems so i can solve them. And as a manufactuer if i was making coils and they were failing i would want them back for dissection to see why they failed, was it a production problem, design issue, bad batch, etc. After all i am sure they could recoup the cost easily enough, it don't cost them more than a quarter of the retail price to produce the darn things. Its just shoddy business practice to do otherwise, have some pride in your products.