PDA

View Full Version : Stories of you helping a friend/family member bring back a trike?

CodyRosa
07-19-2013, 11:59 PM
Well today I went to my cousins girlfriends house (i'm the only person they know that rides 3 wheelers) and he said he wanted to try to get it going. I guess the thing was ran like 20 years ago and sat in their garage. Then it was started like 7 years ago and they couldn't get the thing started. It was one of those things.. i'll get to it when i get to it type of deal. I started out by pulling to check if it was locked up and found out NO compression.. at all. So I checked the decompression lever and... guess what.. they had put the decompression lever UPSIDE DOWN!!! So instead of lifting up like you normally should you'd pull it down. It stood straight up in the air when it wasn't engaged. So 30 seconds later and we pulled it over.. she had compression! No spark.. asked for some sand paper sanded down the plug and boom! She had great spark, amazing spark actually! Then I yanked the carb.. i almost puked seriously it was brown and red. Both jets were clogged to the max.. cleaned those spotless. Tossed a little gas in the cylinder.. SHE FIRED UP, ran for 2 seconds on the gas I had put in there. Everyone was quite happy I had got it going.. although its gonna need some tires and a few other parts.. they at least got a good motor now.

I'd love to hear anyone else's stories of maybe you had a friend that was going to toss out an old trike because it didn't run? Who knows i'd love to hear them all!

Thanks!!

Cody