PDA

View Full Version : high/low Help assembling

ONE10RIPPER
07-23-2013, 08:39 PM
Hi I'm new to the site and have a arc 110 I took apart and rebuilt ut can't for
The life of me get the high/low cover back on. Is there a trick to aligning the gears
Ive tried tapping with a hammer even but still 1/4-1/2" away from sealing shut.

Any help is greatly appreciated I'm out of ideas.

Thank you,

jack j.

kb0nly
07-24-2013, 04:05 AM
You might not have everything in there right. The cover should go on easy, maybe one or two light taps to seat it is I all I need to do usually.

Do you have the service manual? I have it on my server if you need it, link is below in my signature area.

One thing that has happened to me is the intermediate shaft has a pin in one end, make sure that end is towards the motor and the pin is nested in its notch. Otherwise that shaft sits out too far to install cover.

MattDragontamer
08-05-2013, 01:54 AM
This might help... http://www.3wheeler.org/vb/showthread.php?49719-125M-hi-lo-gear-case-cover-removal&highlight=125m+hi%2Flow

Now... with that said... did you notice the groove on the crankcase where the slider pin sits?
You need to make sure that the slider pins' pin sits in that groove. Failing to do so will result in
a 1/8th gap when reassembling.

In addition, best to turn the trike on it's side when putting the case back on... it keeps the parts strait.
So cogs in first... then cover. Watch the shifter lever too... you may need to push it to the right to aline
the shifter rod pin then push to the left as you push the case down.

Good luck.