PDA

View Full Version : CL ad - homemade fenders

chuck185
07-24-2013, 12:21 AM
I haven't posted enough on here to post in the CL/Ebay forum, but since the main reason I come here is for information and inspiration, I thought I'd post this ad I found. Anyone ever made their own fenders like this?

http://fortsmith.craigslist.org/mcy/3860154279.html

I've thought about doing a set out of sheet metal and was glad I was able to actually see it...I know some people will think it's hideous, but I think it would be great for someone that works or hunts with their trike (and you could always keep the originals safe for when you want to show it off). Anyway, just wanted to share.

ScreaminRed
07-25-2013, 09:29 AM
Add's expired....

Larry T Moore
07-25-2013, 11:13 AM
the worst homemade fenders I ever saw on a trike was on an 81 200 Honda at a local car lot..the dealer swore they were the original kawasaki fenders it came with..so I pointed at the vin tag and he was like well I was told it was a kawasaki..then i thumped them and the metallic ring and the ridge made him realize he wasnt talking to a dumb ass..they were made from a 55 gallon drum cut in half and an old cb seat screwed to them..I told him ive give him 200 bux if it ran and he demanded 900..i walked away..years later searching through a parts pile I found the trike..i asked the owner about it and he said he paid 350 for it and used the motor and frame on another bike..

ScreaminRed
07-25-2013, 12:15 PM
the worst homemade fenders I ever saw on a trike was on an 81 200 Honda at a local car lot..the dealer swore they were the original kawasaki fenders it came with..so I pointed at the vin tag and he was like well I was told it was a kawasaki..then i thumped them and the metallic ring and the ridge made him realize he wasnt talking to a dumb ass..they were made from a 55 gallon drum cut in half and an old cb seat screwed to them..I told him ive give him 200 bux if it ran and he demanded 900..i walked away..years later searching through a parts pile I found the trike..i asked the owner about it and he said he paid 350 for it and used the motor and frame on another bike..

That's about the only way you can not get ripped off, is to know what you are looking at. Seems these days, people don't
have a conscience and try to screw prospective buyers. I realize you wanna get your money out of something and hopefully a small profit, but ripping people off is not in my blood. I'm glad to be here on this site and so far everyone i've dealt with has been top notch! :)

chuck185
07-25-2013, 07:38 PM
I went ahead and saved the pics in case I want to reference them later, here ya go

ColtonGG33
07-25-2013, 09:49 PM
Those look alot better then other rig jobs I've seen how much was he asking for it?

ScreaminRed
07-25-2013, 11:27 PM
Yep, not that bad really. I think that's an '83 200E, looks a lot like mine but different. :lol: I'm curious to what he was asking also. Mine is almost, almost completely original, and wouldn't think those reds bring a lot of money, but i could be wrong.

kb0nly
07-25-2013, 11:43 PM
Thats honestly not too bad of a job, but they would have to put a roll on the edges or at least something to protect you if the worst happens, only thing against these metal fenders some people make.

Ghostv2
07-25-2013, 11:57 PM
One of the best home made ones ive seen of that type.
Worst one ive seen was a cl ad someone posted on here, the front fender was replaced with an old atc tire cut up.

sp8twn
07-26-2013, 12:30 AM
I've seen way worst hack jobs!! that's not bad job!

chuck185
07-26-2013, 01:00 PM
Yeah, I thought they did a pretty good job...as far as price, I can't remember off the top of my head, but I would guess it was somewhere in the $600 range. People around here think they've got gold with most of these old ATCs, just the other day I saw an ad for a 250ES, missing the tank, and in otherwise so-so for $1000 firm, "giving it away"...I guess it's like anything else though, it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay.

ScreaminRed
07-26-2013, 05:18 PM
Unfortunately it is whatever someone is willing to pay. $600...i'm sure he would've taken less. If it is a goldmine, then there's alot of guys on here that are very rich! :lol: So, if you are going to do a set, keep us posted. I would like to see how you did them.

tvpierce
07-27-2013, 07:57 AM

What's going on with the front end? It looks higher than mine. Did he convert to rigid?