PDA

View Full Version : New here but been addicted for a long time.....

ATC ADDICTED
07-27-2013, 12:43 AM
Hey every one, Im Mike. Own several bikes well Trikes that is... I will apologize up front for the occasional pic that may contain graphic elements within the viewing area of the camera while taking pics of the trikes "graphic elements will consist of other then trikes, such as quads and dirt bikes". I live in Oregon, transplanted from Arizona a long time ago.... Raised on the back of a 85 tecate and riding other misc. trikes through out my life. bought my first trike about 7 yrs ago and it has been non stop since then.173779173780173781173782173783173784 .. im trying to find the pics of the 79 and 85 side by side befor we started in on the 79

ATC ADDICTED
07-27-2013, 12:46 AM
the red tecate I found in a side yard ,,,,, completely stripped ,,, side case broken at the shift lever ,,, motor completely disassembled. 4yrs later , and a few hundred bucks and I have a complete machine I bought for 200.

ATC ADDICTED
07-27-2013, 12:48 AM
the 250r was my first buy... spent hrs on it... more money then I care to admit. she is ole reliable. not the fastest in the herd ,,, but I love riding her.

ATC ADDICTED
07-27-2013, 12:51 AM
86 200x... well what can I say about it.... simply put,,,, WOW,,,, what a wheelie queen... and a Cadillac and a tractor, what a really good all around bike,,,, It belongs to my wife but she rarely rides it...

ScreaminRed
07-27-2013, 12:52 AM
Nice little brood you have there! Welcome to the site! I'm sure you will find lots of info. on here. :) Oh yea, i had an '85 200X and i miss it dearly! Great trike!

ATC ADDICTED
07-27-2013, 12:55 AM
the 79 atc70 "builder bike" well ,,, ill probably get executed for this,,,, but I got it as a complete bike, as a package deal with the 85 atc70. the 79 didn't run and I didn't want to mess with it being I already had a atc70 that was near perfect and ran... so I figured I would use it for parts or sell it. after looking on the net and seeing all these xr 70 trike conversions, I decided I wanted a fully suspended atc70 starting with a atc70.... and thus how the "builder bike" atc 70 started

CodyRosa
07-27-2013, 12:55 AM
Awesome pics! Glad you could join us here at 3ww! Some reason I'm really digging at 86 200x haha.

ATC ADDICTED
07-27-2013, 12:57 AM
the aftermarket chrome frame , is what I believe to be a joker frame,,, please correct me if im wrong.. it has a 110 motor with hi and low... we recently started on it ,,,

ATC ADDICTED
07-27-2013, 01:03 AM
85 green tecate ,,, I got at a steal. 650 with another complete roller ,,,,, completely disassembled, parts for day... bought it from the original owner,,, powder coated frame, extended swing arm, custom pipe, flat slide carb, always been ran at 32.1, been sleeved and bored, ive never ridden, except up and down the street just after buying it....

JasonB
07-27-2013, 01:10 AM
Welcome to the boards!

ATC ADDICTED
07-27-2013, 10:46 AM
thanks for the welcome guys... ill see if I can get a decent pic of the 85 atc70 today

ATC ADDICTED
07-27-2013, 06:58 PM
im kind of surprised no one has spoken up about the chrome after market frame yet. well a little history about me,,, born and raised in Bullhead city AZ. raised on trikes, ridden may different types of trikes and other atv's, my favorite has to be the kxt250, tho I do love my 83 250r. my goal was to have one of every sport trike made ,,,, well that has changed significantly. now if I see one , I want it... ive stalked bikes for months,,, waiting to see if it moves,,, then go knock on the door if it doesn't.. I consider myself to be fairly knowledgeable when it come to some of the atc's, more directly related to what I own. not a know it all by any means. but I do like the tecate over every other production trike made, and ive ridden the tri-z the water cooled 250r and still way prefer the tecate, tho I don't ride it much, as I don't really want to destroy the original red plastics if/when I do crash it.... as attached as I am to the tecate,,, I always ride my air cooled 250r, aint afraid to crash it or brake something,,, parts are cheap and lots out there,,, tecate ,,, not so much.. recently started with the atc70's, wow, what a blast to ride, and some of the things they are doing with the aftermarket motors in them , is out of control. such will be the out come of the "builder bike", a fully suspended atc 70 chassis, started from a atc70, not a xr70. I am leaning towards the 140 piranha as a power plant, it should be a fun ride when its finished. the 86 200x I bought for my wife, rolled it first time out and has permanent scars on her fore arm from the cooling fins on the jug, she finished the day on the bike,,, we logged over 40 miles that day. I am still proud of her for continuing that day. the green tecate I am paying off my uncle for the loan he gave me to buy it,,, it is going to be a gift to my other uncle, who had one as a kid. I spent more time on the back of that bike and is what taught me how to ride.. plus couldn't beat the price , considering what all came with a complete running bike... well feel free to ask any questions, my trikes are more then just a hobby to me,,, they are in part what best defines me... old, obsolete, hard to find, sought after and valuable to the right people...

shortline10
07-29-2013, 10:10 PM
Yep that's a Joker frame .
Nice !

the aftermarket chrome frame , is what I believe to be a joker frame,,, please correct me if im wrong.. it has a 110 motor with hi and low... we recently started on it ,,,