PDA

View Full Version : Inquiry about 3 wheeler conversion....

Domi
07-27-2013, 09:12 PM
Hey everyone,
I'm new to this site and the proud owner of a 1984 Honda 200s.. I have a question about a conversion I seen done in highschool.
Has anyone ever seen a 3 wheeler converted into a 5 wheeler? I can't remember exactly how they did it, I know it was by adding an extra axle, sprocket and chain. Was wondering if anyone else has seen this done or would know how exactly do this? I just bought an 200m and would like to do this to do it as a project, for the upcoming moose hunt. Any help would be great and thanks

ebaccm26
07-27-2013, 09:39 PM
Welcome to the forum. The only 5 wheeler conversion I have seen was with dual tires on each side of the rear axle but if what you describe does exist someone here will have some info for you....Although it sounds like something custom that you might have to work out on your own....

briano
07-27-2013, 10:20 PM
Look up my atc70 5 wheeler. It had 2 rear axles and it was 4 wheel drive

Domi
07-27-2013, 11:00 PM
Yes exactly, thats what i'm looking to do. How did you do it?

my1423
07-28-2013, 03:36 PM
John Deer made a gator just like this.
So did Harley.
Kushman made min utility carts as well.
Utility bed as well used to haul items in factories and flat farm land.
Have also seen a 185 done up.
Piece of advice, don't do it if you plan to ride it in anything but flat land.
They DO NOT turn.

This is how the 185 was set up.
If you really want to do it find another rear end just like your unit and an extra rear sprocket and mount spindle.
Mount the extra axle flipped over behind your current axle. Make sure it is square with the current axle.
Remove the front axles brakes and drum and place the extra rear sprocket and mount on the front axle. I Belive they used a 200x disk mount and added pieces to mount the sprocket.
Run a chain to the new extra rear and connect the brakes to the back axle.