PDA

View Full Version : Auto X VS Regular X

honda200xguy
07-31-2013, 01:51 PM
How much difference is there from the Auto X to the Regular X.
Thinking about throwing a 200S motor into my X, i got the motor for $50.
My X motor is being a pain and im sick of messing with it.
What's the difference in speed/topend/trail riding
And in general?

sanchez
07-31-2013, 05:34 PM
Auto cluch in woods mud great some like it for no cluch in general
But pull starting an auto without decomp hot sucks
The x motor as well has a higher compressions

But how is your x runnin bad get good compression put a new timming chain in it clean carb. Other then that ive never done more to mine
Hope that 50$ motor works good if not most top end parts fit both motors pick the good parts

honda200xguy
07-31-2013, 05:43 PM
Auto cluch in woods mud great some like it for no cluch in general
But pull starting an auto without decomp hot sucks
The x motor as well has a higher compressions

But how is your x runnin bad get good compression put a new timming chain in it clean carb. Other then that ive never done more to mine
Hope that 50$ motor works good if not most top end parts fit both motors pick the good parts

Lol my x motor is another story. Don't worry i know what im doing.
As far as the $50 dollar motor it runs awesome.

CodyRosa
08-01-2013, 12:16 AM
Hey would you be willing to sell that motor? You could honestly keep the top end if you want. I'd love to buy the bottom or hole thing off you if you don't want it anymore.

honda200xguy
08-01-2013, 12:48 AM
Hey would you be willing to sell that motor? You could honestly keep the top end if you want. I'd love to buy the bottom or hole thing off you if you don't want it anymore.
Cody...inbox me your number brother

CodyRosa
08-01-2013, 01:20 AM
Pm Sent!!!

DasUberKraut
08-01-2013, 03:02 AM
Hey Zach...

I don't know if I mentioned the head swap the other day when we were talking or not. But I would definitely swap the X head to the S motor if you decide to go the Auto-X route. I myself have one in my stash when I get around to it. If mine is running when you come visit. You can take for a rip before we tear into your machine. Then you can decide what motor to mess with.

honda200xguy
08-01-2013, 05:10 PM
Hey Zach...

I don't know if I mentioned the head swap the other day when we were talking or not. But I would definitely swap the X head to the S motor if you decide to go the Auto-X route. I myself have one in my stash when I get around to it. If mine is running when you come visit. You can take for a rip before we tear into your machine. Then you can decide what motor to mess with.

Doug

I think that my X already has a S head on it (or atleast parts). Im not 100% sure ill have to go out to the barn today and check it out.