PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions

three50x
08-01-2013, 10:35 PM
i have 2 questions for yall today
my buddy has a 1985 big red 250, identical to mine. he has a problem in the rear axle. only one wheel has power to it in the shaft drive. i am thinking it is the splines in the hub which are stripped which are causing it to free spin when sent power. it also has no brakes and need to know how to fix

secondly he is looking to buy a Yamaha Warrior 350 it is a 2000 and the guy is asking 1600. think thats a fair price?

dougspcs
08-01-2013, 10:48 PM
What info are you looking for? Step by step instruction?

Pretty basic stuff, grab some hand tools and take it apart to see what's broken. Pretty simple mechanics on that model.

If that doesn't work for you, then you may want to consider paying a guy!

As far as your Warrior question, I'll leave that for someone else to field.

three50x
08-01-2013, 10:51 PM
problem 1: nuts are stripped when attemting to remove the hub any ideas on how to get it off?

briano
08-01-2013, 11:13 PM
Sounds like you're looking for someone to come and hold your hand and walk you through it step by step. It's not hard to take a look and see if the axle is spinning in the hub.

three50x
08-01-2013, 11:44 PM
dont need you to be a smart ass cause im 14 and i dont know how to remove nuts that are stripped

ebaccm26
08-01-2013, 11:48 PM
$1600 is too much for a warrior, I see them frequently for $800-1000 in good shape. At $1600 your friend would be much better off looking for a 400ex.

As for working on the big red you could download a manual here http://www.kb0nly.info/ATC/index.php?dir= and that should help you with the brakes and the rear end. Although you are going to have to work on getting those bolts off on your own, hard for anyone to tell you exactly what to do without being able to see what's going on but I would suggest trying some vice grips so that you can pull on the nut and spin it at the same time.

Larry T Moore
08-02-2013, 12:12 AM
where you at in southern Indiana?..I can help ya out

Christoph
08-02-2013, 12:17 AM
350x most of the people on here that grew up riding 3 wheelers in the 70's & 80's would be more than willing to help guide you with input on your repairs. Just ask around & ignore the attitude. They had someone help them along the way too. I'm in St Louis, if I was closer I'd help you. Keep asking around, there are some good people on here willing to help that are probably pretty close to you. Good luck.

three50x
08-02-2013, 12:18 AM
evansville and thank you @ebaccm26

Bren_downe
08-02-2013, 02:35 AM
Cover those stripped nuts in PB blaster or kroil, everyday apply a liberal coat, then go to work with your vice grip or channel locks.good luck.
Pics help a lot too.

Larry T Moore
08-02-2013, 05:31 AM
I could prolly help ya sometime after next weekend...hafta be on a saturday or sunday...Im in Brownstown..unless ya got a truck and wanna make a roadtrip..wife works 2nd and I gotta watch our 2 boys..

dougspcs
08-02-2013, 09:10 AM
problem 1: nuts are stripped when attemting to remove the hub any ideas on how to get it off?

Wheel nuts are stripped or the big axle nut?

If its the wheel nuts, get a 27mm socket and impact gun..remove the hub nut and pull the hub and wheel off.

Once off the trike you can use a grinder and cut them off..you hub is likely screwed anyway.

You not giving a lot of detail in your questions..likely why you're not getting the response you want to hear.

Detail son!!

briano
08-02-2013, 01:00 PM
350x most of the people on here that grew up riding 3 wheelers in the 70's & 80's would be more than willing to help guide you with input on your repairs. Just ask around & ignore the attitude. They had someone help them along the way too. I'm in St Louis, if I was closer I'd help you. Keep asking around, there are some good people on here willing to help that are probably pretty close to you. Good luck.

Slow your roll there young blood. I learned the way a lot of people did, all on my own. If I wanted to ride my dirt bike, I had to fix it. I'm 35 and I been working on motorized stuff for 25 years. My dad got sick of fixing broken stuff all the time so I had to do it. It is just way easier today to run to the computer and expect an answer from someone else. Each situation is different, get some decent tools and take your time. If it takes all day to get a wheel off then so be it. Now you learned something. The best way to learn is to get your hands dirty and do it yourself.

three50x
08-02-2013, 04:19 PM
Slow your roll there young blood. I learned the way a lot of people did, all on my own. If I wanted to ride my dirt bike, I had to fix it. I'm 35 and I been working on motorized stuff for 25 years. My dad got sick of fixing broken stuff all the time so I had to do it. It is just way easier today to run to the computer and expect an answer from someone else. Each situation is different, get some decent tools and take your time. If it takes all day to get a wheel off then so be it. Now you learned something. The best way to learn is to get your hands dirty and do it yourself.

He can't help it... He's an orphan...

83 200e
08-03-2013, 01:09 PM
hes just trying to teach you something 350x... if youd just listen, and try to experiment, you might figure it out