PDA

View Full Version : Bit**in' Neighbor (on my '85 350X)

ScreaminRed
08-03-2013, 05:46 PM
Man, all i wanted to do was open her up and blow the cob webs out! WTF? So, i go up and down the road once, all be it just about topped out. Then, on my 2nd run a neighbor down the road walks down his driveway and meets me giving me the slow down sign. I stop, he says " you think you can slow it down"? I said yea, i can. I'm just testing it out, just got done working on it. He says, "you been working on it the past couple weeks". What a tard. He mentions kids, i say i'm watching for them and...He says he rides motorcycles, like that makes it better!! I do too dummy and then some! He says, I don't mind you running up and down the road, but you were going well over 40mph. Uh, yea, and? I hope i don't get like that when i'm older....i'm only 43. :naughty:

jb2wheels
08-03-2013, 07:31 PM
Why are his kids playing in the street?

ScreaminRed
08-03-2013, 08:44 PM
No kids of his that I know of...he's retired, I think. Basically he's beating around the bush and not telling me how he really feels. There are quads and dirt bikes that go up and down the road as much as I do. I think he just doesn't like loud and fast! Lol. :)

kb0nly
08-03-2013, 09:24 PM
I like when people complain here and i just point to my plate and city registration... Nothing they can do.

tripledog
08-03-2013, 09:28 PM
Why are his kids playing in the street?

Probably because he told them to. My Dad used to say that to me, or ask a question like "Why don't you go burn ants on the sidewalk with your glasses?". I think the latter statement was a jab at my poor vision more than the fact that I was dancing on his last good nerve.

ScreaminRed
08-03-2013, 09:35 PM
I like when people complain here and i just point to my plate and city registration... Nothing they can do.
You mean you can actually register and make them street worthy in some states? I ain't got one piece of paperwork for all of mine. Never thought I needed any. Still stuck in the 80's, I guess!

kb0nly
08-03-2013, 09:50 PM
Well its not the whole state, just some cities allow it, some don't. We have a permit process here, so i ride it all day every day wherever i want.

I love that pic, parked across from city hall and the cop shop... I have another one thats even better, my 200ES parked between two squad cars on main street...

ScreaminRed
08-03-2013, 09:53 PM
That's F-in awesome. Don't think u can do that here. I'd love to shove it in uptight dudes face! F-U, I got papers, biatch! Lol. :)

ScreaminRed
08-03-2013, 09:56 PM
KB...nice red BTW! :)

kb0nly
08-03-2013, 10:00 PM
Doesnt cost me much either... MN went to a lifetime registration this year.

$14.50 State Reg (only once)
$17.00 Liability Insurance (only needed for city permit)
$20.00 City Permit

$51.50 Total cost per year... Well the first year, the $14.50 is done with for life now.
$37.00 A year from now on.

Driving to the post office and the grocery store while passing the cops and waving... PRICELESS

kb0nly
08-03-2013, 10:01 PM
KB...nice red BTW! :)

Thanks! I added mirrors because of the crazy people driving around this town, otherwise its not exactly street legal, just allowed under permit. I have my ATC90 permitted as well, thats fun to buzz around on pulling the little garden trailer behind it... LOL

ScreaminRed
08-03-2013, 10:14 PM
I'd love to do that round here. Maybe i need to look into it, maybe push legislation. Haha.

honda200xguy
08-03-2013, 10:59 PM
Doesnt cost me much either... MN went to a lifetime registration this year.

$14.50 State Reg (only once)
$17.00 Liability Insurance (only needed for city permit)
$20.00 City Permit

$51.50 Total cost per year... Well the first year, the $14.50 is done with for life now.
$37.00 A year from now on.

Driving to the post office and the grocery store while passing the cops and waving... PRICELESS

Haha like my cabin in wi aslong as you got trail passes 95% of back roads you can drive on, and the main roads you can drive in the ditch haha

Escanabajosh
08-04-2013, 06:50 AM
Haha like my cabin in wi aslong as you got trail passes 95% of back roads you can drive on, and the main roads you can drive in the ditch haha

same in Michigan....I was planning a big weekend long ride in the UP. I pulled up the "new rules" and found out 3 wheelers are not allowed on the road under the new law! still able to take them on marked orv trails and seasonal roads but that part about not being allowed on the side of roads sucks

hublake
08-04-2013, 07:01 AM
same in Michigan....I was planning a big weekend long ride in the UP. I pulled up the "new rules" and found out 3 wheelers are not allowed on the road under the new law! still able to take them on marked orv trails and seasonal roads but that part about not being allowed on the side of roads sucks

I am a troll and down here we can ride on the shoulder of the county roads. We cannot ride on any roads designated as a US road or a state highway. It was my understanding that was allowed up there.

Escanabajosh
08-04-2013, 07:46 AM
I heard all of MI was no 3 wheels....I know for sure delta and Marquette co you can't have 3 wheelers on the side of the road.....you can run dirtbikes,quads, and side by's

http://www.vvmapping.com/trails/MICounties/ordinances/Delta_ORV_Ordinance.pdf section 1E and then section 8

http://www.vvmapping.com/trails/MICounties/ordinances/Marquette_ORV_Ordinance.pdf section I G and section II A

I don't have time to check every county and I hear the countys are the ones who get to make their own rules....I cant find the language on the state law but will post if I find it....till then I would check the law on the county you will be riding in

Escanabajosh
08-04-2013, 07:59 AM
http://www.atvoffroad.net/forums/content.php/113-Current-OHV-laws-and-Ordinances

on the bottom they have every county

sledcrazyinCT
08-04-2013, 10:11 AM
Sucks your neighbor has to bust your chops if you got lots of other ORV traffic ripping up and down the street. I got one ding bat neighbor that likes to give me a phone call once a year or so to complain about peace and quiet. Who is the dumb arse that moved on a dead end dirt road that connects to the powerlines. We got riders up and down the road every day so yuo figure he would be used to it by now

ScreaminRed
08-04-2013, 10:25 AM
Sucks your neighbor has to bust your chops if you got lots of other ORV traffic ripping up and down the street. I got one ding bat neighbor that likes to give me a phone call once a year or so to complain about peace and quiet. Who is the dumb arse that moved on a dead end dirt road that connects to the powerlines. We got riders up and down the road every day so yuo figure he would be used to it by now

There's one complainer on every street, and yes, i live in a cul-de-sac and i am the last house. I'm not a hell raiser at all, just after i get done working on it, i want to open it up and see how its running. It's not like i do this everyday or every weekend. It's like i said...old people, got nothing better to do. They should just stay in their house if they have nothing good to say. I'm not hurting anyone to do this once in awhile. I guess i'll have the cops called on me sooner or later because of his lameness. :)

ebaccm26
08-04-2013, 11:46 AM
I heard all of MI was no 3 wheels....I know for sure delta and Marquette co you can't have 3 wheelers on the side of the road.....you can run dirtbikes,quads, and side by's

http://www.vvmapping.com/trails/MICounties/ordinances/Delta_ORV_Ordinance.pdf section 1E and then section 8

http://www.vvmapping.com/trails/MICounties/ordinances/Marquette_ORV_Ordinance.pdf section I G and section II A

I don't have time to check every county and I hear the countys are the ones who get to make their own rules....I cant find the language on the state law but will post if I find it....till then I would check the law on the county you will be riding in

It has always annoyed me that the line for open counties basically goes right through the middle of the state, and I happen to be right below it :( Wish I had the vaguest idea of how to get the ball rolling so my county would consider opening the roads.

hublake
08-04-2013, 12:17 PM
It has always annoyed me that the line for open counties basically goes right through the middle of the state, and I happen to be right below it :( Wish I had the vaguest idea of how to get the ball rolling so my county would consider opening the roads.

I believe there is some action to open more counties in the state. Check with your area state representative in Lansing

ScreaminRed
08-04-2013, 12:27 PM
Well, looks like this thread has opened up a bit on where and how you can ride. I got no problem with it and its good to see people talking about maybe how to change some things. We need more places to ride and be accepted, that's for sure. I miss being at my Dad's in PA, where i could start from his shed and never touch another state road (if i didn't want to) all day. Across the field and up the mountain and it was pure bliss with no problems. Wish it was still like that...:(

ebaccm26
08-04-2013, 01:04 PM
I believe there is some action to open more counties in the state. Check with your area state representative in Lansing

Found what you are talking about. As far as I can tell it looks like it is done but I think it is just on hold at the moment becuase the state legislature is on summer break :rolleyes: If any other Michiganders want to take a look I believe these are the 2 bills of interest. Hopefully it all ends up working out...

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(zu4eqpz2sre5yqvpypdtma55))/mileg.aspx?page=getObject&objectname=2013-HB-4284
http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(zu4eqpz2sre5yqvpypdtma55))/mileg.aspx?page=getobject&objectname=2013-HB-4299&query=on

Back to the original topic lol... I do not have a problem with neighbors anymore but my neighbors who moved away about a year ago FREQUENTLY called the police on me for riding. Whenever I would go out for a short ride around the "block" I would usually just be getting back and putting the machine away when I would see a police car drive by. Kind of rediculous to call the police for someone riding an ATV around here, dirt road way out in the country... Luckily when they moved some people who also ride moved in and I have not had any issues since :)

threewheelin-feelin
08-04-2013, 01:59 PM
in buchanan county va you can get a atv street legal. i do not know the process i just read about it in the Virginia atv laws. here in hampton where i live if you have enough people go down to the city council with the idea of making roads legal to ride atvs on they will do it. they have already done this on some back road with golf carts. if i knew enough riders around here i would try for atvs but doubt i would get enough support. i also live on a main road so its probly point less lol. my girlfriends family lives up in the blue ridge and she said people ride atvs on the street there all the time and as long as your are not wreckless they leave you alone. so it all depends on where you live