PDA

View Full Version : 350x questions and part finding.

AIR_RIDER
08-07-2013, 03:27 AM
i have had my brothers old 1985 350x for years now well whats left of it anyway and i am slowly gathering parts to restore it and i having trouble with finding some stuff.

i cant seem to find the nuts that hold the rear hubs on or the spacers for the hubs.

will a 86 wiring harness work on the 85?

i have other questions but i just cant seem to remember what they are at the moment.

this is all i have to start with i just repainted the frame.

dougspcs
08-07-2013, 07:14 AM
Have you check Honda dealer availability? Or perhaps online at one of the OEM resellers..like www.rockymountainatv.com?

If not, give Ebay a shot.

ScreaminRed
08-07-2013, 07:49 AM
Did you know about the "Service Honda" website? Good for some OEM things. Of course you can wait for some stuff to pop up on eBay also. :)

dougspcs
08-07-2013, 08:40 AM
On a second note..I know you have already painted the frame. But you may want to consider a gusset kit to strengthen it..

The 85 was kinda famous for developing cracks at the stress points..even if it hasn't done so yet, while it's naked you may just consider doing that. 28 year old frame with some known weak spots will likely develop into cracks later as you start to ride due to many years of riding and metal fatigue.

Might save you pulling it all back apart in a year or two..

A bit of extra time and money now could save you a bunch later.

AIR_RIDER
08-07-2013, 06:20 PM
On a second note..I know you have already painted the frame. But you may want to consider a gusset kit to strengthen it..

The 85 was kinda famous for developing cracks at the stress points..even if it hasn't done so yet, while it's naked you may just consider doing that. 28 year old frame with some known weak spots will likely develop into cracks later as you start to ride due to many years of riding and metal fatigue.

Might save you pulling it all back apart in a year or two..

A bit of extra time and money now could save you a bunch later.

Im so used to finding thing on ebay i for got about theother websites lol so thank you. Ya i have been thinking about buying that to strengthen the frame i just wasnt sure how necessary they were Im pretty hard rider so its probly not a bad idea.

Poco Loco
08-07-2013, 06:26 PM
I have the nuts and spacers and I think i have an 85 wire harness too. Minus the cdi box. And i have lots of other 350x part too

Just pm me and we can make a deal.

markmelvin
09-01-2013, 11:04 PM
I also have some x parts up for sale. Pm me if poco loco doesn't have what your looking for.