PDA

View Full Version : Just found out my brother has cancer

sweetip2000
08-08-2013, 05:15 PM
Only 49 years old. Now he has colon cancer which spread to his lung and part of his abdomen. Stage 4 cancer. My mother died 3 years ago from lung cancer. Now I am gonna loose my brother.

There is no cure for cancer so why give them your money to prolong your death ? Oncologist = false hope. These doctors have a treatment but no cure.

If they dont have a cure why even bother with them at all.

I would be honored to feed my brother pain killers until he dies.
Thats what I did with my mom. She had stage 4 also.

Even the best doctors at sloan kettering where he went cant do a damn thing for him but he wants to go with the chemo. Its his choice and I have to respect that.

So they try to stop the cancer from spreading and or slow it down then pump him full of their corporate rat poison and he dies from complications of the chemo.

I get so pissed off at these doctors how they take your money and dont have a cure for you.

I am so devastated from the loss of my mother that when I heard the news
it was like it couldnt get any worse but it has.

Aint it odd how these oncologists when surveyed openly admit they wont take the rat poison they "treat" you with.

Its a good thing I quit the drinkin and druggin back in 89 or else I would just binge out and go back to a case of budweiser a day with weed and cocaine, then the liquor to take the edge off. That was why I missed out on these ATC's back in the day cause I was too wasted.

We used to ride the trails together with the bikes dad got us back in the 70's. My little brother on his harley 90 and me on my suzuki 75. We still ride today and so does my dad at the age of 76. I hope we dont loose a good friend my brother.

I am shutting down for now. Just had to vent. No one to connect with.
Thanks for letting me post here.

atc007
08-08-2013, 10:23 PM
Hang in there friend. It sucks. No rhyme,no reason. You are about to do one of the most humble things anyone can do. Helping your loved one through the end. I've done it twice now in 10 months. Focus on the good,laugh about old times and the fun you had. Good luck man...

El Camexican
08-08-2013, 10:34 PM
So sorry to hear this. I’ve seen too many people lose to cancer. You are right about there being no cure for this type, but they can extend your life by a few months, or even a few years if you want to pay to be practiced on and endure the pain.

Myself, I think I’d accept the bad cards and live life "all in" for a few months rather than drag my loved ones through an extended nightmare, but you never know until you’ve been faced with the problem if it’s that simple to just accept fate.

Savor your memories and respect whatever he wants to do. I hope he suffers as little as possible.

Joseph Farrow
08-09-2013, 12:22 AM
You, your Brother and Family are in my Prayers.

atc007
08-09-2013, 11:01 AM
My Niece officially became a Certified Physicians Assistant Wednesday. She posted this on FB,,she has been in the medical/labratory end of healthcare for decades. Like El said. Until it hits you,,there is no way to know which way we would go.. I thought it was pretty profound after reading your post last night. It's called how Doctors die...

http://thehealthcareblog.com/blog/2012/08/06/how-doctors-die/

sweetip2000
08-09-2013, 08:04 PM
Well I just found out he has cancer of the colon and it spread to his liver not his lung.
It was a typo in the email he sent. Thanks for the replies and your prayers will be honored.

sp8twn
08-09-2013, 10:13 PM
Don't loose hope right away,,, The same rat poison has been keeping me alive for the last 8 years,,, every day there getting closer to the cure;)

ditchmud
08-10-2013, 04:27 AM
I have a dear close friend that is in a similar situation. Maybe you guys could talk. If you want to send me you number in a pm and I will get you two together. He lost his brother Last year after a long battle with cancer and now his mother is battling it. I don't go to church much but I am spiritual and I feel that I saw this post for a reason. I think my friend needs someone that he can relate to and maybe you do too? Waiting for that PM....

CRAZY70MAN
08-10-2013, 05:46 AM
I really hope the best for you and your family. You have my prayers. Miracles happen every minute of every day my friend.....

tripledog
08-10-2013, 06:12 AM
As if life isn't tough enough already, throw a devastating illness like cancer into the mix, and it becomes nearly unbearable. If at all possible, remain hopefull, sweetip. My Dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer about 20 years ago. About 18 years ago I visited him in the hospital, and after chemo treatments, his weight had plummeted from a rock solid 190 pounds down to about 95 pounds. He told me goodbye, and I left the hospital with a hole in my heart and a lump in my throat. Fast forward to 2013... Dad is now 82 years old and still with us, but is now battling the early stages of dementia. He is happy to be alive, and has lived a good life. What I say about family, friends, pets, and machines (in that order) is to love 'em while you got 'em. Best of luck to your brother and yourself.

atc007
08-10-2013, 08:19 AM
I have an Uncle who beat Colon cancer about 15 years ago also. Scotty Hamilton, the ice skater,had a TENNIS ball sized tumor around his privates, 16? years ago,, he looks like a million bucks. Hang in there..

Dirtcrasher
08-13-2013, 03:43 PM
So sorry to hear Andy, I wish you and your family all the best and I'm thinking about you........