PDA

View Full Version : 185s Boggs when i give it throttle.

clemintine
08-08-2013, 08:34 PM
I was riding my auto-x in the yard doing some doughnuts in the wet grass when all of the sudden in the middle of a high rev.booooogggg. power was gone. It idles fine but when i give it gas it bogs down and will run with the choke on full mid or off just the same. what is this did i jump time or what? It ran well enough to get me home barely rolling IM LOST? its not smoking? I just built this motor last year. 200x cam 200s carb. HELP!

clemintine
08-08-2013, 08:47 PM
OK, check this out I went back outside and pulled the rope and it felt like i was pullin a 400cc SOOO much comp. then boom started right up and carried me away perfect? WTF? can anyone explain this maybe my gas cap it stopped up?

Worden18
08-08-2013, 10:04 PM
Maybe a piece of something got into your carb for a bit, then worked itself loose? Hard to say

yaegerb
08-08-2013, 10:14 PM
You probably want to make sure your timing is still spot on and check that your timing chain is adjusted properly and isn't in need of a new one.

clemintine
08-14-2013, 01:57 PM
You probably want to make sure your timing is still spot on and check that your timing chain is adjusted properly and isn't in need of a new one.

timing is still dead on diamond on tdc, the timing chain has only about 1/16 in of play in it and is not vertically sloppy at all. I rode it in the rain for 2 days after this using the highest revs and putting the motor under the mud w/no problems. Maybe the engine just got real hot from the 4 inches of mud stuck 2 the fins? never done this before and hasnt since. IDK?

Cornholio
08-14-2013, 02:13 PM
Is the splash shield still in your carb? My 200s had that problem, Bought the splash shield and it fixed it.

barnett468
08-15-2013, 05:05 AM
if you have a cap vent try loosening it next time it happens.

might also be debris/rust in tank temporarily plugging tank filter, shake tank next time it happens if loosening cap doesn't fix it.

install a clear filter so you can see if it has gas when this happens.

clemintine
08-23-2013, 06:01 PM
I fixed it guys, It was the gas cap. I wash washing the trike today and noticed a weird sound, I thought Oh No... gas tank leak. It sounded like tv static coming from my gas cap took the hose off and it had sucked up son red clay mud. I cleaned it out with a wire and sucked and blew on it until it was cleared. i have a clear filter so i knew it wasnt stopped up. Thats part of the reason I was so perplexed. Thanks GUYS...Git it rag.