PDA

View Full Version : There's plenty of money, the government just doesn't have it......

Scootertrash
08-10-2013, 08:07 AM
http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/rep-ellison-there-s-plenty-money-it-s-just-government-doesn-t-have-it

According to Keith Ellison, a Democrat from Minnesota anyways.

“The bottom line is we’re not broke, there’s plenty of money, it’s just the government doesn’t have it,” Ellison continued, “The government has a right, the government and the people of the United States have a right to run the programs of the United States. Health, welfare, housing – all these things.”

revenue raised will go to several priorities and, “fund international sustainable prosperity programs such as health care investments, AIDS treatment, research and prevention programs, climate change adaptation and mitigation efforts by developing countries, and international assistance."

09RappySE
08-10-2013, 09:40 PM
Ellison is an idiot.....just like the majority of the left.

El Camexican
08-11-2013, 09:21 AM
I wonder if any of these guys ever stop to wonder what will happen when taxes exceed income? Historically palaces get stormed and heads roll before too many people die of starvation.

I might add that Detroit's situation may be the best window the western world has into the future right now. I’m no financial expert, but I don’t see how stiffing current creditors and service suppliers is the answer to a prosperous future. Who in their right mind will work with and for someone who doesn’t pay? What will happen if every city in North America decides to solve its debt problems by simply stiffing everyone? It’s maddening! Why aren’t prisoner’s working fields, building roads and picking up trash? Maybe they are still picking trash somewhere, but I haven’t seen a crew in years where I travel. Why are people on social assistance allowed to breed unabated and use booze and drugs? The system is BROKEN and taxation is NOT the long term solution. Personal responsibility and proper budgeting by government branches is (in my uneducated opinion).

Scootertrash
08-11-2013, 06:54 PM
Amen brother!

09RappySE
08-11-2013, 07:54 PM
What the idiots don't understand is you can't tax a nation into prosperity....it just won't work.

Scootertrash
08-11-2013, 08:21 PM
Funny us peons can figure that out, but the politicians can't.

El Camexican
08-11-2013, 09:43 PM
Funny us peons can figure that out, but the politicians can't.

Oh they know it, but it's so much easier to buy votes than it is to earn them, especialy when someone else is picking up the tab.

Maico
08-12-2013, 01:04 AM
Taxing your way out of debt. Yeah...that works. Not.

Nevermind the government has a SPENDING problem...no...it's an INCOME problem.

That piece of garbage in the White House needs to go....along with the rest of the idiots...republican and democrat.

The Detroit creditors are fools. Any creditor thats been supporting Detroit in the last 35 years is a fool. Detroit has been in financial trouble for a loooooong time and if you...as a creditor...were giving money to the city of Detroit...shame on you.

It sucks...but when you pour billions of good $$$ after bad...when it comes bankrupt time...that's what happens. Pennies on the dollar.