PDA

View Full Version : 84 200x rear plastic, gas tank rubber mounts

CodyRosa
08-11-2013, 12:32 PM
Hey guys, after you put the gas tank on, you have the 2 bolts that screw in (through the gas tank) to hold it on.. and the rear plastics sit on that. What do the rubber mounts that go onto those 2 bolts look like? Is it just a thick circular rubber piece? Does anybody have pics of them, have some for sale?

Thanks

Howdy
08-11-2013, 01:49 PM
The bolts have a nipple on them. The rubbers fit on those nipples and lock into place via a groove. They are simular to the front gas tank mount rubbers.
Howdy

Ghostv2
08-11-2013, 02:16 PM
It's those little missing pieces like those that are hard to find these days. I am also missing them so my seat and plastics bounce around. I'm also missing one of the front rubber ones so my tank wobbles a little too. It's a project though, so I got time.

Howdy
08-11-2013, 08:24 PM
It's those little missing pieces like those that are hard to find these days. I am also missing them so my seat and plastics bounce around. I'm also missing one of the front rubber ones so my tank wobbles a little too. It's a project though, so I got time.

When I start up molding ( sometime after Labor Day ) I will crank out some more of these. I might have a set or 2 ( repo's ) on hand now ( seat rubbers that mount on gas tank bolts ).

FYI, I have some items listed on ebay right now to build up funds to purchase more material and start molding again.
Howdy

CodyRosa
08-11-2013, 11:40 PM
I'm going to PM you Howdy

RapidRick
08-12-2013, 12:22 AM
These are the grommets you're talking about. Man I save every single one I can find

Ghostv2
08-12-2013, 02:42 AM
These are the grommets you're talking about. Man I save every single one I can find

My x was built from the PO and he got it in pieces. So inexperienced with trikes, new maier plastics all around, these were bound to be lost.

CodyRosa
08-12-2013, 11:04 AM
Nope those are definitely not it. I have those. When you put the tank on you screw 2 bolts through the tank. Well I'm guessing 2 pieces of rubber fit over those bolts to hold the rear plastics on. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-ATC-200x-OEM-gas-tank-bolts-rubbers-83-84-85-atc200x-200-x-mounts-fender-/221264843752?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item33846993e8&vxp=mtr I think its the thick smooth one.. I'm not sure because i've never seen a pair lol.. and i'm not paying 50 bucks for those.

Bren_downe
08-12-2013, 04:22 PM
I've conjured up a plan in my head to make my own, the 1st gen r and I think the 2nd and 3rd gen have a similar setup. My backyard shade tree fix it idea was to find the correct
Threaded bolt, cut some rubber airline about an inch long, stuff the bolt in there and fill with 5 minute epoxy. Kinda a hillbilly fix but might get ya by until you can find the correct part.

CodyRosa
08-12-2013, 04:31 PM
I actually used caulking one time when my dog stole one of mine lol. Howdy found some so i'm going to buy a set of his.