PDA

View Full Version : Honda atc big red

250rkyle
08-11-2013, 06:46 PM
What year of the honda atc big red is kick start and have reverse?

hublake
08-11-2013, 06:58 PM
I think the 85-87 have kick start along with electric start. The 84 had reverse but I think it was pull start.

250rkyle
08-11-2013, 07:00 PM
Ok do you know if the 85-87 had reverse or not?

dougspcs
08-11-2013, 07:43 PM
85-87 Big Red..also know as the 250ES.

The 1st model to allow the operator to switch to reverse without removing his/her hands from the controls..

Electric start with a kick-start backer..

My personal favourite feature..full front and rear suspension. The undisputed king of trikes!!

OKSTATE#1
08-14-2013, 08:43 PM
To me, nothing beats the BR. I am on my second one, had one as a kid. I have rode several three wheelers and 4 wheelers and even side by sides, but nothing beats a nice BR. They are comfy and to me, the easiest to ride out of all those I mentioned. That's just my opinion. I'm pretty biased though, it's what I started out with and have ended back up with lol. The 85-87 BRs do in fact have an electric start and kick backup, push button reverse (you do have to kick down with your left foot though), are pretty low geared and powerful. They are fairly quiet, have a great rumble to them with the factory exhaust. To me, they look the best all stock with the original tires, which is what I have on mine right now but I just purchased some original wheels with the same size tire/different brand and tread so I don't wear out my Ohtsu's. Great ride, if you are looking at one, I would bet you won't regret the buy, they are still fairly cheap to come by, but I would bet in a few more years the prices will go up. I have already seem some going over 3K in good shape, had a guy tell me 5K for a pristine 85 with about 20 hours on it. It was beautiful, but I don't think it's worth that quite yet lol...