PDA

View Full Version : need 450r a arm measurements

6speedthumper
08-18-2013, 02:52 PM
Title says it all. I've seen fullflight arms on a mojave, and want to get the measurements from stock 450r Honda arms to see if they wil bolt on.

Jason Hall
08-18-2013, 10:32 PM
Not to sure that would work out like you want.. Honda 450r frames have (rake) built into them. Another words the A-arms bolt to a tube that is not parallel to the ground, its on a pretty healthy upward angle from the rear mounting bolt to the front mounting bolt. Pretty sure a Mojave frame would not have the (rake) built in ( A-arm front and rear mounting bolts will most likely be level with the ground). IMO that would throw the caster angle of the spindle way off. At one point I was considering completely replacing the front of a Tecate 4 with TRX250r goemetry, including rake. That way I could have used the 250r A-arm and spindles together. IMO if you were going to do it, you would want to use the 450 A-arms and spindles together, maybe you could just slide the Upper A-arm back to gain the caster angle of the Honda. Kinda hard to explain without causing confusion.. Another thing to watch if you do try it is make sure the ball joints don't bind through the entire travel.

6speedthumper
08-19-2013, 09:30 PM
I get what you are saying. I am a mechanic and Hunter certified alignment tech. I had no idea that the Honda had rack built into them. I've not spent any time with a 450r. The Mojo does have arm mounts that are parallel, or "inline" with one another. I saw a thread on CWR's site, where a guy put FullFlight 450r arms on a Mojave, so I was curious to see if the stockers would work. Was hoping for a cheap way to widen the front end without wheel spacers. I could just build a set...