PDA

View Full Version : 2001 Blaster

honda200xguy
08-18-2013, 11:10 PM
Decided instead of a Suzuki quadsport, to get a Blaster for my girlfriend to ride.
Picked it up for $600 bucks talked the guy down from 925. Was a good deal
Anything i need to know about them

Cornholio
08-19-2013, 12:14 AM
That in my opinion theyre complete garbage? haha

yamaha225dr
08-19-2013, 01:03 AM
Get rid of the balloon tires, exhaust and shocks if the budget allows. Replacing those three items will make it a great quad! I had an 01 also and really enjoyed that little machine. Get a decent 240 kit and it will run with a stock 250r in a drag race.

sanchez
08-19-2013, 11:54 AM
Oil injectors unreliable, like them all remove or bypass system
Pull the air box lid off
Rejet
Everything else costs
By all the parts u want, i ride my 82 250r more than my blaster

00 blaster i loaded in my minivan off the showroom floor.
Best bang for buck
Buy pipe. Then carb then port work then it might hang with my stock 82r
I tell my cousins constantly my raced-up 4wheeler is not better to learn on than atc110
But nobody hears that.

honda200xguy
08-19-2013, 04:47 PM
That in my opinion theyre complete garbage? haha
It's not for me...as stated above...

Get rid of the balloon tires, exhaust and shocks if the budget allows. Replacing those three items will make it a great quad! I had an 01 also and really enjoyed that little machine. Get a decent 240 kit and it will run with a stock 250r in a drag race.

It's already got a 240 kit in it ;)

Oil injectors unreliable, like them all remove or bypass system
Pull the air box lid off
Rejet
Everything else costs
By all the parts u want, i ride my 82 250r more than my blaster

00 blaster i loaded in my minivan off the showroom floor.
Best bang for buck
Buy pipe. Then carb then port work then it might hang with my stock 82r
I tell my cousins constantly my raced-up 4wheeler is not better to learn on than atc110
But nobody hears that.
I got a pipe on the way, why take the air box lid off? I'll rejet it when i do the rebuild..i'm going to completely re-do the engine. WINTER PROJECT!

yamaha225dr
08-19-2013, 05:57 PM
Removing the air box lid just increases air flow to increase power.

Cornholio
08-19-2013, 06:10 PM
I got to ride mine all of three times before it blew. haha, God knows how many hours was on it before hand, Had a Full LRD pipe on it, 18s in the back, a 280 main jet, Ported, reed spacer, Hot rods crank and rod.. Still junk to me! haha

Ghostv2
08-19-2013, 10:08 PM
First off, there is a forum completely dedicated to blasters. So if there is any major questions youll find it all there.
Oil injectors, everyone thinks they are unreliable. I have never seen one fail. The only time it will fail is when you forget to fill it.
The brakes suck. Blasters before the '03 change over were known for having horrible brakes. You can buy banshee hydros and with a welder you can have safe reliable brakes.
My brakes failed on my '02 blaster and caused me to break a few bones in my wrist. My personal experience, take it as you will.
I ended up trading it for a 200x right after that.

Problems aside, great little 2-stroke bike. Small, agile, fun bike. Was actually the last 4 wheeler i ever owned.

tommerp
08-19-2013, 10:50 PM
Grab an extended swinger for that puppy too.. get those back wheels back! ..... I always thought those things looked way too compact front to back..

honda200xguy
08-20-2013, 12:01 AM
First off, there is a forum completely dedicated to blasters. So if there is any major questions youll find it all there.
Oil injectors, everyone thinks they are unreliable. I have never seen one fail. The only time it will fail is when you forget to fill it.
The brakes suck. Blasters before the '03 change over were known for having horrible brakes. You can buy banshee hydros and with a welder you can have safe reliable brakes.
My brakes failed on my '02 blaster and caused me to break a few bones in my wrist. My personal experience, take it as you will.
I ended up trading it for a 200x right after that.

Problems aside, great little 2-stroke bike. Small, agile, fun bike. Was actually the last 4 wheeler i ever owned.

Yes I'm a member at blasterforum.com :p and yes the brakes suck dick haha
And yes I do need an extended swinger! Great idea

Ghostv2
08-20-2013, 12:06 AM
Post up some pics, it will give us something to work off of to see what needs improved. Is it bone stock? Besides the big bore kit.
Regardless im sure you and your girlfriend will love it. She will be able to keep up no doubt.

honda200xguy
08-20-2013, 12:14 AM
I'll post some first thing tomorrow yes it's bone stock besides the big bore kit

yamaha225dr
08-20-2013, 12:27 AM
The brakes do suck but I fortunately never had problems with mine but I did have to constantly adjust them. I also had to shave the front fenders cause my knees kept hitting them. The quad excelled at nothing but was truly a blast to ride!

honda200xguy
08-20-2013, 12:30 AM
The brakes do suck but I fortunately never had problems with mine but I did have to constantly adjust them. I also had to shave the front fenders cause my knees kept hitting them. The quad excelled at nothing but was truly a blast to ride!

The blaster was a blast!! Haha there fun little quads

Ghostv2
08-20-2013, 12:36 AM
All they really are is the little brother to the banshee.
If you want a small little agile two stroke four wheeler, get that.
If you desire something a little bigger and to modify, simply get a banshee.
Thats usually what everyone says.

2fiftyR
09-21-2013, 08:19 PM
A Blaster with a big bore will not keep up with a 250R period... My neighbor had a stroker with the vittos bigbore on it. I raced him dozens of times. After 2nd gear it was over. I now own this particular blaster and I do love to ride it. Fast enough to be fun, nimble I really like it. Parts are cheap. When I want big speed, I get on the 85R..... oh yeah the blaster is an 06

Cornholio
09-21-2013, 09:19 PM
So ironically, I just got my blaster running again, And still runs like garbage. but ive got to give it cred for the cracked and scored piston and its still running ;) Just waitin for it to go! haha

dman10
09-21-2013, 10:23 PM
Sorry to side track, but Cornholio, are you a member of Scale4x4 or RCCrawler?

Cornholio
09-22-2013, 12:22 AM
Sorry to side track, but Cornholio, are you a member of Scale4x4 or RCCrawler? Nope. I am not.