PDA

View Full Version : dg exhaust systems ?

mudduck14843
12-26-2003, 01:35 AM
ok i bought a dg chrome excelerator exhaust for my 200x a little over a year ago(only been on a couple months maybe 2 good rides)

my ? is this
I see other x's with a dg exhaust but they don't look anything like mine does
the other ones i've seen have a round silencer and look to me like they are a one piece unit

mine on the other hand has a oval almost rectangle silencer and is a two piece design

Are the round ones an old school design or what?
is there a difference between the two performance wise?

is there a better one out of the two?

Wickedfinger
12-26-2003, 08:15 PM
Well, as far as I can tell, all of the DG Excellerator exhausts are oval like a "Big O" (which is what they were called when they first came out). They do have the stage 1, 2, and 3 models with the stage 1 being just a canister stinger with diffusion disks, the stage 2 combining the canister and disks with a reverse cone inlet, and the stage 3 being the stage 2 stinger combined with a headpipe for a total system. The other X's exhausts you have seen are the regular DG RCM models - which can be found with diffuser disks and without them.

mudduck14843
12-27-2003, 12:16 AM
ok mine has removable disks, and a matching head pipe.so it would be a stage 3 right?
what ones are better for performance?
i know mine looks awesome!!!

Dynofox
12-27-2003, 12:04 PM
Stage 3 would have the biggest performance gain due to the larger head pipes. I've seen these new dg's in dennis kirk and wouldn't mind having one on my X. :-D

mudduck14843
12-27-2003, 03:42 PM
cool i'm glad to hear that!!!!
dam thing cost me almost 300 bones from a local dealer!!!