PDA

View Full Version : atc 70

Beau
08-28-2013, 09:27 AM
can a 70 be made electric start or would one have to convert to a Chinese motor first.
I have two 70's that both need the pull start but I don't want to spend 150+ for the pullstart.
I also don't want to convert to a bigger Chinese motor as this is for my 3 year old and I don't need him racing all over the place.
I also don't want to spend a whole lot of money as I paid less than a 100 bucks for them.

KASEY
08-28-2013, 09:38 AM
sorry your cheapest route is keep an eye out for pullstarters,, they pop up cheap ONCE in WHILE ,,, BUT DON'T HESITATE they go fast,,, I know I watch everyday,,, you should too.... here and ebay and craigslist,,, its the only way... they don't drop out of the sky...

briano
08-28-2013, 12:32 PM
Sounds like you should sell them. You don't want to spend any money on them, good luck finding cheap or free parts.

Tri-Z 250
08-28-2013, 12:49 PM
^^I have to agree...motorsports are expensive, get out while your only $100 deep. You don't want the boy racing around, by him a piano.

kb0nly
08-28-2013, 02:09 PM
While those posts may sound harsh... I agree. You have to pay to play. And these older ATC's, while they can be found cheap, are not cheap to repair or maintain. Thats just the way it is with something 30 years old. LOL

There is cheap chinese quads out there, i know some will argue but still, that are a far better choice to get a kid riding. They are cheap compared to having to repair one crash on a classic ATC and scrounge parts. Get a cheap chinese quad, let him beat the crap outta it learning to ride, and then later you can decide to let him on the ATC. Thats how i would do it, and i'm a parent of three fast moving boys so i speak from some experience. They will trash anything the get their butt on, not that they are reckless or such, but by sheer repeated use they will wear it down. I buy bike tires more then i buy bikes for them, they wear the tread off every summer because they ride till the wheels fall off!

I have an ATC90 that i let my oldest ride, but the other two are nowhere near ATC ready.

Beau
08-28-2013, 05:08 PM
for those with useful tips and advice thank you

Billy Golightly
08-28-2013, 08:08 PM
You might try using the report post button if you see something you don't like instead of replying with expletitives in the future.

Buck Snort
08-28-2013, 08:30 PM
We had pretty good luck with the Chinese quad we bought my son. HE was 6 years old and rode the hell out of it. Had to tighten everything up once in a while. Bought it for 700$ and sold it for 450$ two years later. I think that was very cheap fun over a couple years.
While those posts may sound harsh... I agree. You have to pay to play. And these older ATC's, while they can be found cheap, are not cheap to repair or maintain. Thats just the way it is with something 30 years old. LOL

There is cheap chinese quads out there, i know some will argue but still, that are a far better choice to get a kid riding. They are cheap compared to having to repair one crash on a classic ATC and scrounge parts. Get a cheap chinese quad, let him beat the crap outta it learning to ride, and then later you can decide to let him on the ATC. Thats how i would do it, and i'm a parent of three fast moving boys so i speak from some experience. They will trash anything the get their butt on, not that they are reckless or such, but by sheer repeated use they will wear it down. I buy bike tires more then i buy bikes for them, they wear the tread off every summer because they ride till the wheels fall off!

I have an ATC90 that i let my oldest ride, but the other two are nowhere near ATC ready.

badass350x
08-28-2013, 09:02 PM
Buy a Chinese motor you can get them cheap! They will bolt in easy , make sure you have a thumb throttle screw to keep it slow,,, maybe even a tether cord to cut the motor as you walk behind them in case they become out of control or to fast for your liking!