PDA

View Full Version : Steering damper

B18PWR
09-03-2013, 05:54 PM
Hi every one, talking to a few people who use to race 250rs, it appears that steering dampers have been used in the past on these machines, does any one know what was or is used and where to get one from ?
Regards Oli.

BWard
09-05-2013, 03:42 PM
I use to use a RAM steering stabilizer on all my wheelers, Very nice to have. Like to have some now. Hard to find an original, you can get a VW bug steering stabilizer, and make the brackets, that's what was used and a "name" branded on them, clever. or make a new universal one fit, wish someone here on 3ww with the equipment would produce them, would love to see them in the 3ww shop and not at $400 either, Happy hunting

Poco Loco
09-05-2013, 05:13 PM
I used a ram for years. It was for the 85-86 250r. Based off the vw design. It was a bolt on app. One of the radiators had to be moved about an inch outboard to clear the ram. After the 250r I moved it to a 350x. I had to weld a tab on the frame to mount it and slightly bend the underside of the tank for clearance. Its still lives on the X. I sold the trike with it still on it. Ask Mymint87 how he likes it. Myself, I loved it and miss having one one the R I ride today.

B18PWR
09-05-2013, 05:23 PM
Thanks for this info will see what I can find or devise .