PDA

View Full Version : 84' Honda 125M ATC

cjh
09-04-2013, 12:49 AM
My 3-Wheeler won't start, first it had no spark I replaced the pulser coil, now it has spark (but perhaps not enough.), its blue at each end and orange in the middle and seems kinda thin, but I am not really sure. I have tested the stator and appears to be O.K. but the multi-meter I have wasn't very good (just broke trying to get another.) I had the pulser coil gaped correctly, I believe, as are the spark plugs (.28-.30) but another thing I did notice was that when gaped correctly it wouldn't fire a all, but when I over gaped the sparked like really over gaped it (like the width of a quarter.) it actually kinda fired and put out some smoke , of course never enough to actually start, but if anyone has an explanation for this let me know.

some other things: it is getting gas there is some one the spark plug (plus it has a new carb.) I checked it twice and made sure it is timed correctly (lined up the "O" on the sprocket with the notch and made sure the pin in the camshaft was facing the notch as it says in the manual. all while of course lined up with "T".) and lined up the pulser rotor with the coil on the Fire mark.
I plan on checking the compression soon and finish checking wires when I get a multi-meter soon.
I also threw in a new spark plug and cut the plug wire 1/8-1/4

Is there anything I am missing ? what could cause this ? also why would I get fire from an over gaped plug rather than a correctly gaped plug I would think that it wouldn't really want to fire. Thanks.

cjh
09-04-2013, 06:13 PM
checked the advance and its moving also