PDA

View Full Version : Opening day for deer hunting Sept 1 2013

Buck Snort
09-05-2013, 12:44 AM
Opening day for junior hunters and this guy stepped out for my son. Lucky little bugger!

El Camexican
09-05-2013, 02:25 AM
Very nice!

CRAZY70MAN
09-05-2013, 05:03 AM
Awesome!! Hard to beleive our season opens in a month also for archery.........my favorite time of the year:Bounce Congrats to him. Is he mounting it??

atc007
09-05-2013, 08:08 AM
My Son also got a trophy for his 1st deer. We all told him he may hunt a lifetime and never top his 1st ! Congrats to him and you too Pops. I bet that was a good time ! I love the weather now through March :)

Joseph Farrow
09-05-2013, 09:37 AM
Nice buck!

Buck Snort
09-05-2013, 09:50 AM
Thanks guys. I basically sat back and watched him spot the buck, shoot and do the gutting. Very happy with him ( right now lol ). We are still debating doing the head mount.

Frankencelery
09-05-2013, 10:25 AM
Very nice. How old is your son, and was this is first hunt? Our youth season opens Sept. 21st, and my 12-year-old is pretty excited. He hasn't shot one yet. The first shot he ever took was a nice doe at probably 25 yards and he missed by a mile. He was pretty crushed, but I explained what it was he did wrong, and we're doing some more practicing to fix that!

Here in Iowa we get some pretty big bucks, but if my kid shot that one, I'd definitely mount it!

Buck Snort
09-05-2013, 10:40 AM
My son is 15. He has been hunting with me since he was 5. HE shot his first buck at 12 and has shot 6 deer now. He is like my Dad and hunting is what he lives for. When you are not hunting, you are reading about it or watching hunting shows. Even when I am on night shift he kicks me out of bed to go hunting. Good luck to your son. No worries about about missing, as we all know it happens. I missed a elk at 50 yards.

[ QUOTE=Frankencelery;1251981]Very nice. How old is your son, and was this is first hunt? Our youth season opens Sept. 21st, and my 12-year-old is pretty excited. He hasn't shot one yet. The first shot he ever took was a nice doe at probably 25 yards and he missed by a mile. He was pretty crushed, but I explained what it was he did wrong, and we're doing some more practicing to fix that!

Here in Iowa we get some pretty big bucks, but if my kid shot that one, I'd definitely mount it![/QUOTE]M