PDA

View Full Version : 85 triz exhaust and carb help

speedstone
09-05-2013, 10:10 PM
I was wondering on stock carb the fuel lines ,,how many over flow,etc,,make sure mine are right.also on the stock exhaust,,are the springs the thing that hold it on to cylinder?? mines lose ,only has two springs ,,missing bottom one.havent had it very long,,,found book but don't give much on 250,,any help would be great thanks!

CodyRosa
09-05-2013, 10:35 PM
I've never owned a Tri Z so i cant help on the carb. Normally i've seen carbs having 2 overflow lines, and the main line going to the gas tank. On a 2 stroke exhaust theres 2 strong tight springs. These connect from the cylinder (where exhaust meets head) to the exhaust. It has 2 springs as of now? Now sure if tri z's have more than 2. They shouldn't be loose, I had that problem on my dirtbike, it can cause leaking and more than likely a rattling noise. You should get new springs.

speedstone
09-05-2013, 10:44 PM
thanks,,it has spot on bottom looked like place for another spring wasn't sure,,but that's where its lose at

CodyRosa
09-05-2013, 10:54 PM
Well i just looked at a pic of a stock exhaust. It looks like 2 but maybe im wrong? If the spring is loose its just time to change that thing out! If its missing 1 like you said check where the spring attaches to on the cylinder and make sure it didn't wear through.. my dirtbikes did that.

Rigaman
09-06-2013, 09:06 PM
The bottom spring hooks to a little bracket that is mounted on the left base nut of the cylinder. Most Tri-zs that were taken apart dont have it on it. It is ok to just run it with the 2 top springs. If you want a bottom spring, you will need to make a bracket that attaches to the cylinder base nut/bolt.

There are 2 fuel lines from the tank. Lower one goes to the lower, high goes to the top (2 nossels on the left of the pump)

Bottom nossel goes to the cylinder.

The upper nossel on the fuel pump goes to a T connection. The big line off the T goes back into the fuel tank. The small line goes to the petcock or carb if you dont have a petcock.

I weld stuff
09-07-2013, 01:28 AM
Thanks Rigaman, I was wondering about the bottom spring as well; neither of my z's have one.

speedstone
09-08-2013, 10:52 AM
thanks ,reason I was asking is my exhaust lose at bottom,,have see way,,been limited on space and had some medical issues,,so instead of doing it my self had local shop do top end for me ,,and that's how got it back leaking!!wish now just went ahead did it myself,,but thanks again!!