PDA

View Full Version : 84 125m

Goatwrangler
09-07-2013, 05:43 PM
Good afternoon all. Hope everyone is having a good weekend. My issue with my trike now after I got it running is that it will not idle. The engine starts and as soon as it does the Rpms climb. I'm thinking about ordering a new carb since its not much more than a rebuild kit. I'm not sure if my choke is messed up or what. Any thoughts ?

90guy
09-07-2013, 06:03 PM
Well my friend this sounds like it could be an air leak some where causing it to lean out and raise in rpm. As for the new carb that would be a hit or miss ordeal, Being it is a Chinese carb. I'd check to make sure all my screws are in the side of the carb. Ive had it happen where the air screw fell out and it did the same thing also have had missing o rings on the carb bolting to the intake cause it.

Goatwrangler
09-07-2013, 06:28 PM
Thx 90guy. Ill check it out. There doesn't appear to be any screws missing from the carb. I think my father in law has a backup carb I could throw on but it's for a 110. Will that matter much ?

90guy
09-07-2013, 06:40 PM
I would try that backup carb before Id go with one of the Chinese carbs. Make sure the carb is clean and the o ring is on the back all the screws are in. And also make sure the throttle plunger is dropping all the ways to the bottom and not just stuck up.

Goatwrangler
09-07-2013, 06:44 PM
Ok the throttle... Everyone I've seen is up a little. I tried adjusting mine with no luck. Ill swap the carbs tonight after I put my little guy to bed