PDA

View Full Version : 83' ATC 110 rack help!

bludshifta
09-10-2013, 06:39 PM
Hi Guys,

Just bought myself a little blue 83 atc 110 for getting around the deer lease. I had an 84 as a child and loved that thing dearly so when i saw this at $300 i couldn't resist!

Though it appears to be in pretty good shape, i'd really love a rack on it. It doesn't have anything on it at present, not even the grab bar.

Any suggestions on mods, universal kits, anything i could consider. I've looked around and can't seem to find much.

All help is appreciated.

Thanks

dman10
09-10-2013, 07:00 PM
You any good at welding?

bludshifta
09-10-2013, 08:04 PM
Nope. Though I'm sure I could find one. I'd prefer to check the non permanent routes first. Looking at the seat release, welding would probably prevent th seat from lifting up which could be a pain.

effort=results
09-10-2013, 11:39 PM
You can weld up a rack the just bolts on to the wheelie bar mounts . That what the stock on does. And any metal shop would have a easy time making one for u . Good luck finding one that's stock.

bigmac
09-11-2013, 08:46 AM
Just wondering are u gonna be pulling deer out with it because I thought about getting a 110 for hunting since there so light

bludshifta
09-11-2013, 11:12 AM
Hi bigmac - I'll have a go at pulling something out with it. More likely hogs than deer.

From what i remember, even these 110 engines have a surprising amount of torque and should easily be capable of pulling the odd animal about if you put in Low.

kb0nly
09-11-2013, 01:11 PM
If you cant find a rack there is a lot of nice light ATV trailers on the market these days, Northern Tool has a few that friends of mine own, they have large low pressure ATV tires and will go through anything the trike will pulling it. You can still find the hitch for it easy enough to add that ability.

Probably spend about the same amount on a small trailer as you will a rack, but thats only if a trailer would work for you. The trailer is really nice for hauling with them because your not adding more weight to the back which removes weight being put on the front tire and making steering difficult while loaded. Ebay is going to be your best friend finding parts. There is always some of the rear grab bars on eBay, a pretty common part. I would start out getting a grab bar for it, its nice to have for those odd times you might get stuck or for loading these smaller trikes up into the back of a truck. Also if you ever find a rack your going to need the grab bar as it bolts to the rack as part of the support.

hokeplaya05
09-11-2013, 01:13 PM
like stated above, check ebay, i have seen some racks go up for sale recently

bludshifta
09-11-2013, 04:06 PM
Thanks all.

I just bought a rack which came from a 110 85'.

I'm now not actually sure it will fit now, it looks a little different to some of the ones i've seen. Should it only bolt to the grab bar? I assume it bolts somewhere else as well tho.

This is the only picture I have. Described as 'This rack came out from a ATC 110 1985'.

Any thoughts?

http://i1336.photobucket.com/albums/o659/greygooser/HondaATCRearLuggageCarrierRackeBay-GoogleChrome_2013-09-11_14-48-39_zpsbf3882fe.jpg (http://s1336.photobucket.com/user/greygooser/media/HondaATCRearLuggageCarrierRackeBay-GoogleChrome_2013-09-11_14-48-39_zpsbf3882fe.jpg.html)
Any thoughts?

hokeplaya05
09-11-2013, 04:37 PM
looks like from the pic that that is the only place it bolts to