PDA

View Full Version : well I did it.

riverrat1
09-12-2013, 07:22 PM
Well I bit the bullet and bought 4 more. 2 honda 70 and 1 3/4 honda 110. 1of the 70's runs but smokes.
But I think im gona have to do a rebuild on the others. The whole 110 is missing the pull start and the flywheel nut and the clutch isnt catching.
Whats my options as far as good replacement engines oppossed to aftermarket engines?:Bounce

MatthewBuckrell
09-17-2013, 11:12 AM
try and find some used engines or replacement engines before aftermarket

Ghostv2
09-17-2013, 01:04 PM
I think some people were finding some cheap Chinese ones that were higher cc's and they were working. I don't know if they had to modify anything but they found the same style motor. The lay down one (don't know the proper term). And then you got a clutch and more gears.

badass350x
09-17-2013, 01:42 PM
Lifan , piranha are both good Chinese motors that are priced decent and will last if you take care of the maintenance . You can go from a 50cc up to 160cc or more! Your choice of auto, Manuel shift, E-start, kick start or you can buy a adapter to run a pull start.. but remember they are Chinese not a Honda motor! An yes they will fit the 70 without a problem I did the lifan 110 with the E-start.. Kasey on the boards here has a lot of experience with these motors if you would like to know more give him a shout!