PDA

View Full Version : ABS issue, calling all MECHS! Downloadable 2003 Tacoma service manual? HELP!

Dirtcrasher
09-15-2013, 09:45 PM
Hey techs, I just stuffed on a suspension lift, I was very careful. No rear leaf ABS issues.

The front left had to remove the ball joint, I rested it on a 4x6 and all was well.

The front right I hit on the A arm and it fell right down. It stretched the ABS line, I could see the diameter shrunken. I tossed it on a 4x6 block as well. However, I may have done some damage.

This was the ONLY suspension ABS dealings at all.

Now the ABS light is on and the left front tire locks up so I think my mishap on the right side probably caused this.

They seem like vacuum lines but there must be a wire in there or something, can't imagine it works of pressure or vacuum.

Any suggestions would be super.

THANKS!!!!!!

briano
09-15-2013, 09:55 PM
It is electrical. If the ABS light is on the whole system is disabled, not just one wheel. It's going to be like driving a car with non ABS brakes, I disable mine on all of my vehicles, I HATE antilocks. You probably damaged a wire or connection if you over stretched the right side. Check the wiring and follow it to the connections at the wheel.

Flyingw
09-15-2013, 11:02 PM
Sign up on the Garage Journal web site and post this request. There are a ton of knuckle draggers on that site. That's what they do. Good bunch of guys and a killer site for anything garage. ENJOY!!

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/

Dirtcrasher
09-15-2013, 11:36 PM
It is electrical. If the ABS light is on the whole system is disabled, not just one wheel. It's going to be like driving a car with non ABS brakes, I disable mine on all of my vehicles, I HATE antilocks. You probably damaged a wire or connection if you over stretched the right side. Check the wiring and follow it to the connections at the wheel.

I tend to agree with a stretch and snap.

Yeah, I checked for exterior damage and there was none......... Truck "Get it Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag!!"

The right side must have a juice issue.................