PDA

View Full Version : 250r 310 project CHEAP

200xranger
09-16-2013, 08:53 PM
http://stlouis.craigslist.org/mcy/4070144958.html

seems like an awesome deal but no pics boooooo

Ghostv2
09-16-2013, 09:33 PM
I think buying a project bike like that is the next thing I might do. Seems like a good price. You can save lots of money and get the satisfaction of building it yourself.

captainweezy
09-16-2013, 10:35 PM
I think buying a project bike like that is the next thing I might do. Seems like a good price. You can save lots of money and get the satisfaction of building it yourself.
I have to disagree with the saving money part. Restoring a 250r properly takes some major time and money. There are plenty r's built for sale. Sorry to be doug downer but that's the way I see it.

Ghostv2
09-17-2013, 05:08 AM
I agree with you there, but I wouldn't be doing a restoration. I would just want a clean, good looking runner. If I got a full bike in pieces for cheap like that and it's already torn down I'd just spend some money to powder coat and clean up a lot of items. I'll see when the time comes, it was just a thought to get a bike cheap in pieces to save some money.

atc007
09-17-2013, 07:02 AM
A, I can't stand the sellers attitude. He thinks he has gold,and he has junk.
B.Needs ALL plastic.
c. When I saw it,I thought,awesome, BKM can go grab it and have another project! But this guy sounds like a hopeless tool.

As far as building them Ghost ,you are right but can be wrong in a wicked hurry. He JUST rebuilt the engine. THEN tears it back down. There are other issues more than likely.

Ghostv2
09-17-2013, 01:36 PM
You got a good point there. You always have to be careful though. But props to you for picking out all these little details. Sounds like you've been around the block a few times. :p

KASEY
09-17-2013, 07:43 PM
also....he says its bored to 310,,,, I highly doubt it is,,, you have to resleeve to go past .140 over and that's not 310,,,, so look for that as an ISSUE!!!

bkm
09-17-2013, 08:58 PM
A, I can't stand the sellers attitude. He thinks he has gold,and he has junk.
B.Needs ALL plastic.
c. When I saw it,I thought,awesome, BKM can go grab it and have another project! But this guy sounds like a hopeless tool.

As far as building them Ghost ,you are right but can be wrong in a wicked hurry. He JUST rebuilt the engine. THEN tears it back down. There are other issues more than likely.I contemplated for a second, but I've got enough junk laying around as it is. The "bored" to a 310 scared me away also.