PDA

View Full Version : been a while since i posted

oscarmayer
09-20-2013, 11:12 AM
Well we have been racing quads now for 4 years. My son has been doing very well. the bikes have also evolved a lot since the first run.
we now run a 110cc or 125cc hopped up 4speed semi-auto chinese engines. the 110's make around 10-12hp and the 125 makes around 15-17hp. (both at the crank). Thsi si a vast improvement over stock engines. my son ahs been doing much better in racing as well. he slides around corners and controlls the bike with ease. he has even started trying to clear table tops. (costed me a $400 rear shock the first attempt as the bike was not setup for 4ft jumping. lol) But it's all good. I'll post some photos up and let you guys see what we are doing. My daughter even has started doing some racing. she rides the same style bike buty it's not as fixed up due to her not really even pushing the bike yet. poor thing. She's the "fastest turtle" on the planet! Haha! her first race, i could walk faster than she was riding at times. she was so nervious she was not evne looking ahead. she stared at the groudn right in front of the bike the whole time! haha the big hills at glen helen freaked her out. We went to cali for 2 years and are now back home in Texas. My son will be racing in the big Oct th TQRA event where the pro class purse is way beyond $30k now. Pro riders from all over the world will be comeing to race in it! will be an awesome time!!!

anyway, we race MX and will do some XC when time permits. but wanted to chime in. We are still at it and having a blast!!!

oscarmayer
09-27-2013, 08:41 AM
here are some photos.