PDA

View Full Version : thread gone?

fallguy666
09-20-2013, 05:56 PM
I posted a thread about trading a foreman for a 350x......where did it go? I can't seem to find it? Did the kids delete it? If so please let me know what I did wrong?

Billy Golightly
09-20-2013, 07:18 PM
Yes, the kids deleted the post. Please read the rules :)

fallguy666
09-20-2013, 07:42 PM
Lol.stupid auto correct.this two month rule kills me.

fallguy666
09-23-2013, 09:04 PM
Just went and re read the rules!!! Was not trying to sell anything!!!!! I wanted to trade!!!the wording clearly says "no selling" until you can.absolutely nothing about trading!!!

dman10
09-23-2013, 09:19 PM
Please just don't go up that river, you'll be goin' without a paddle. Trading falls under BST area. If you read the description it says Buy, sell, TRADE. I don't think you can see the BST area yet, so....
Yeah.
Try Craigslist

fallguy666
09-23-2013, 09:26 PM
On cl now.why would the mods not put that in the "RULES" that us lowly folks can see? I understand the logic behind the two month rule butttt.....ID rather do business with a forum member than a total stranger.lol.

fallguy666
09-23-2013, 09:27 PM
I'm just trying to find a 350x.lol.is it against the rule posting that I'm looking for one? I know what the rules say ,buttt,I was wrong on that one

dman10
09-23-2013, 09:28 PM
I understand, and yeah, I might take it up with a mod, there's some stuff I wanna take to them about...
:shiftyeyes:

fallguy666
09-23-2013, 09:30 PM
Been on forums long enough to know you don't try and call a mod out on something.has to do with big egos and power trips.ya know.I don't do the internet argument thing.got better stuff to do

dman10
09-23-2013, 09:34 PM
No, there ideas and constructive criticism. I'm a member of 6 forums, I gots dis...

fallguy666
09-23-2013, 10:00 PM
I'm on at least 8 forums from ATVs to heavy equipment and everything in between.

redsox
09-24-2013, 08:10 AM
this is funny stuff. brand new here and letting everyone know how to run things. i predict a bright future. i have a bit of advice. take it with a grain of salt, because clearly my "forum member" status is limited to this one. but, please, take a breah, pump the brakes, and follow the rules. its not that tough.

Howdy
09-24-2013, 08:58 AM
Been on forums long enough to know you don't try and call a mod out on something.has to do with big egos and power trips.ya know.I don't do the internet argument thing.got better stuff to do

Not all Mod's have big ego's or power trips. When discussed in a civilized manor we ( Mod's ) generally reply in a civilized way.

I will say that If questions are discussed in a non-civilized way then we hand it back at you the same way ( new users rarely win those discussions ).

The Selling rule was done because of a few Bad apple New members in the past. Some only came here to sell their stuff ( no other reason then selling ), also a few was trying / did rip other members off. The rule was implemented and so far it has worked pretty good. We have kept a lot of rip raft off the site via the Newbie Rules.

I do understand your thinking on "Trading". We are not saying you would rip anyone off or not. We can't predict what New members are up to / planning so we have to error on the side of caution and not allow Trading ( or selling ). To be fair this applies to all New Members not just you. So we aren't singling you out. I have removed countless Trading and selling threads myself in the past and will remove them in the future as needed.

2 months and 10 postings will be up before you know it. ;)
Hope that helps.
Howdy

dougspcs
09-24-2013, 12:16 PM
I know there has been a lot said on the matter but to me it's pretty simply..

You visit someone's house you follow their rules..

We are all just guests here!!

fallguy666
09-24-2013, 05:56 PM
I under stand everything y'all are saying....but please put it in the rules and make it clear where everyone can see them.not trying to rock any boats as there seems to be a wealth of knowledge on here.

fallguy666
09-24-2013, 05:57 PM
this is funny stuff. brand new here and letting everyone know how to run things. i predict a bright future. i have a bit of advice. take it with a grain of salt, because clearly my "forum member" status is limited to this one. but, please, take a breah, pump the brakes, and follow the rules. its not that tough.if this was directed at me,it couldn't be further from the truth