PDA

View Full Version : what is this?

wcastendijk
09-20-2013, 07:10 PM
I'm new, hello all.
I have a funny little trike here (Netherlands) and wonder if somebody knows where it comes from.

Greetings, :
Wouter

sp8twn
09-20-2013, 07:44 PM
Welcome aboard!!!! cool,,, looks like offroad mobility scooter!! what kind of motor runs that??

Ghostv2
09-20-2013, 11:19 PM
Welcome aboard!!!! cool,,, looks like offroad mobility scooter!! what kind of motor runs that??
I was just about to say that too. Looks like a gas powered mobility scooter. Did you see it in person?
Also is that a air filter that's coming out on the right side? The black thing. And is that switches on the deck there?

wcastendijk
09-21-2013, 03:27 PM
well that's the problem! I bought it without engine. It has a sortof industrial (square welded) gearbox with 2 gearings 30:1 and 19:1 done through 4 shafts and 8 gears, complicated. It also has a differential in the same gearbox. I first thought agricultural as the speeds are low with that gearing, about 6 miles and 10miles/hour max. Later maybe a airplane puller?????? The wide tires make it off road.
I guess +/- 6.5hp engine max. Guesstimate 70ies. It has two (hydraulic) disk brakes at the back and is heavy. Zero electric components (except engine)
the 4 things at the foot plate are the motor mounts.

Question remains WHAT IS IT ?? btw thanks for having me here on this forum!!
Greetings W

Ghostv2
09-21-2013, 03:32 PM
I don't have the slightest clue but all I can say is try to look for any names, numbers, anything that you could research it by.

coby6290
10-24-2013, 12:46 AM
Weird looking little thing, but I bet fun to ride.

DohcBikes
11-01-2013, 02:09 PM
Maybe it wasn't mass produced. If it has no consistent manufacturing marks, you may consider the fact that it may have been home-built, or even purpose built by a manufacturing company to perform a specific task in a factory or equipment yard.