PDA

View Full Version : 1995 Mazda MX-5 Miata Monster Convertible-$13500

Lord Letto 20
09-23-2013, 10:12 AM
not ATV/Offroad related but blew my mind so i thought i'd share:

http://kitchener.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-1995-Mazda-MX-5-Miata-Monster-Convertible-W0QQAdIdZ524327364

This is a Monster Miata, or a Mazda Miata with a V8 engine swap for those not in the know. It was built from a stock 1995 Florida Miata by me about 10 years ago now. It has zero (0) rust. None...anywhere. It was built using a well known Monster Miata kit from a company called Panache in California. The car is very driveable and quick and sounds fantastic! The car after the conversion weighs about 2,500lbs and it still handles like a Miata...which is a very good thing.

Driveline:
Strong 91 5.0L Mustang V8
Engine has new water pump, gaskets, oil pump, PCV, FPR, injectors, etc.
Explorer Intake
Eddy Peformer Aluminum Heads
Ford Racing 65mm TB
Car runs Speed Density
Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel
King Cobra Clutch
Mustang T5 (grinds third)
Custom Mustang Driveshaft
Ford T-bird 7.5" differential with LSD
Howe Racing Aluminum Radiator with dual Derale Electric Fans

Suspension:
KYB AGX Shocks
Custom Springs (come with the kit)
Flyin' Miata Sway Bars

Wheels, Tires, and Brakes:
6UL 15x8 aluminum wheels - nickel finish
Falken RT615 tires
Flyin Miata Wilwood Big Brake Kit

Other:
Custom Shorty Headers
Customer exhaust with Magnaflow muffler and catalyst
Miata "R Package" front spoiler
Turn Signal Vents
Miata "R Package" Rear Spoiler
JVC Stereo Head Unit & Pioneer Speakers
Upgraded Aluminum Pedals
Aluminum Voodo Shift Knob
Hard Dog Sport Bolt-in Rollbar
Fresh Paint (Factory Brilliant Black) Summer 2010

The car needs a few small things. The transmission grinds in third gear, the tachometer stopped working, and I've only wet sanded half of the car after the paint work. I also have a brand new set of poly bushings that can go with the car and pieces to make a 3" exhaust for it also (muffler, catalyst, y-pipe, mandrel bends, exhaust tip, etc). These things have not been fixed or installed because I just have not had time. Family is the priority followed by work, so the Miata just sits.

I have over $20,000 in the car and it was appraised at $18,000 two winters ago. Oh and that reminds me, I pay $300 a year for insurance and they know everything that is done to it (thus the appraisal). The car will also pass an emissions test as it is considered a "Hot Rod" under the law. It must only meet "1980" emissions standards.

I'm selling the car as is. No test pilots please. $13,500obo or if you have a nice clean Mustang (prefer 1999 or 2001 Cobra Vert) that you'd like to trade, let me know.