PDA

View Full Version : '87 Kawasaki KXT rebuild with pics! Fingers crossed!

Overponder
09-25-2013, 03:38 PM

Hi guys, just a few pics of my recent Kawi rebuild,i started with getting the frame and swinger and other smaller parts painted with two pack paint as near to oem silver as possible,shock spring was blasted and painted as well (black),i got the engine stripped and painted with VHT engine enamel,polished the stator cover,got a polished Sprock head and sprocket cover from Gregor at Offroad innovation,had the carb vapour blasted and sonic cleaned,got a V-force 3 and sent the front DG expansion chamber off to be chromed.
i got an wider axle off 3WW shop (thanks Broncobeast) and KIPS emblem Unitrak caps and chain wear pads off Jeswinehart (thanks again),new chain and sprockets ,brake pads,K&N filter,Braided front brake line,loads of OEM fixings,oh a coolant bottle off John as well (sorry),had a guy polish the wheels and fork bottoms ,fitted new fork seals,oil,and gaiters.177793177794177795177796

I dont think the trike had too bad a life before i got it,its still on its original rubber and nothing was seized up during disassembly,i also got a NOS OEM rear fender and a decal kit from speed and sport,and even OEM handlebar grips! Hope you fella's like it,Thanks for looking.

JasonB
09-25-2013, 09:34 PM
Damn dude! Holy clean clean green machine! Those other trikes are amazing looking too, very nice work

CodyRosa
09-26-2013, 03:29 PM
Wow.. amazing.. Great job! You should make a video of them 3 machines if you haven't already!