PDA

View Full Version : Any teachers out there?

dman10
09-25-2013, 09:13 PM
Any teachers? I need a question answered.

Dirtcrasher
09-25-2013, 09:21 PM
A subject may help......

dman10
09-25-2013, 09:38 PM
Any, this just a general teacher question...

hublake
09-25-2013, 10:14 PM
I am a retired teacher.

dman10
09-25-2013, 10:28 PM
Why are we given so much homework? I give my evenings to homework. SO, I can't play with my toys cause' it's dark. Not saying you, but I've heard alot of teachers complain about all the stuff they have to grade. It really is ridiculous. Weekends too it seems. Work 3/4 the day then do homework. Then Sunday do homework after church then go back to church in the evenings. What do we achieve with homework? We just get on Google and Google it. And I haven't been able to work since school started. Is it just a teacher thing? What is it?

Louis Mielke
09-25-2013, 11:35 PM
My wife is a highschool teacher. She's constantly bringing her work home with her. Bud I can promise you, your teachers don't like it either but they do what they think is best. I know I'm constantly hearing about how the standards and testing that keep changing take classroom time away from what should really be taught. Maybe teachers just try to make up for it with getting some of the stuff done at home. Trust me bud, just stick with it, you'll be glad you did later in life. I know that sounds like standard old man drivel but it's true. The more you learn when you're young, the better you'll be when your in the 'real' world.

dman10
09-25-2013, 11:55 PM
Yeah, I think I understand. I look at my dad who never went to college, and he, in his 50s, works his but off in the construction business just to make a dime. And I don't wanna live like that. But, I wanna live now ya' know, before I have to work and send all this down the drain, summers, freedom, carelessness, etc.