PDA

View Full Version : 83 200m wont idle, runs bad

King Trikester
09-26-2013, 04:10 PM
I had it out camping, it was running great. i floated it accross a river, keeping it above water and using the trottle to move it ( with me walking beside it) I do this all the time with my dx and no issues ever. so after i made it across the river i parked it , a couple hours later i went for a drive, i was in first gear keeping it at a steady idle ( girlfriend was on the dx driving really really REALLY slow) then out of now where it just bogged out and stalled, i got it started up again but it would only run if i keep the throttle about half way. i made it back to camp it runs but with no power and seems like it "bogs out' for lack of a better term. i thought maybe the one of the jets in the carb pluged up so i took it apart and clean it out with carb cleaner, all the jets looked clean. i put it back together and it still ran the same, wont idle, will drive but has less than half the power and "bogs out" Any one have any idea what is going on?

CodyRosa
09-27-2013, 10:10 AM
First check the plug, then check the oil. If no water is in oil move on from that. Hows the plug? what color is it? Check your air filter, dirty or clean? If all of this checks out good then try turning your idle up when its started(little screw on the right side with a spring behind it)

If its bogging out your probably running pretty rich, thats why i'd check plug first. You should probably just buy a new plug anyways as there cheap and can fix a lot of issues and hassles.

If it still has no power after this try a compression test on the motor.

hope this helps.. good luck!

88RGuy
09-28-2013, 01:07 AM
83' ? id say it prob has points/condenser.. or a cdi.. if its a points motor the water may have pissed them off,, so to speak.. lol.. also, is the airbox full of water?? or,, cud be a wiring problem.. id check to see if it has points and/or disassemble and clean the carb.. it cud be alot of things.. shud have a nice crisp blue spark when turned over.. hope u get it figured out bud.. happy trails from ohio :)

chargercharlie
09-28-2013, 01:13 AM
If it was running fine before floating it then it would definitely be a good idea to check for water contamination. .

King Trikester
09-28-2013, 01:37 PM
ya, theres no water in the air box, the other thing i was thinking is maybe water in the gas tank, not from floating it but we camped fo 4 nights and it gets cold at night with lots of dew on everything, so maybe moisture got in it? i did have the vent open on the gas cap i dont know how easy water/moisture can get in, I havent had time but on my next day off im going to drain the gas just to be on the safe side.