PDA

View Full Version : need help with honda 110 compression issue

pbilt155
09-26-2013, 07:23 PM
i have a 1980 honda 110 the guy i bought it from said he put the wrong plug in it when i took the plug out it deferentially hit i still have the head on but looking through the spark plug hole it doesn't look like there is a hole in the piston there is still compression but not much and its spitting gas out of the intake on the carb would the intake valve hit the plug if it was to long on the 110. there is compression with the carb off through the neck from the head to the carb i think it broke the intake valve but wanted some input before ordering the gaskets

shortline10
09-26-2013, 07:30 PM
If you can hold your thumb over the spark plug hole while pulling the recoil it doesn't have enough compression " it should blow your thumb off" and yes a long plug will mess up the intake valve .

pbilt155
09-26-2013, 07:35 PM
i held my thumb over the hole thats hole i knew the compression was low the piston looks fine but cant see the valves from the sounds of the other post does it sound more like a valve issue or piston issue thank you any more input would be nice but looks like im taking the head off oh well new project

kb0nly
09-26-2013, 11:54 PM
Time to tear it apart! Valve damage is likely, surprised the piston isn't worst for wear, but you might have a cracked piston top that you can't see.