PDA

View Full Version : guess what i got!!!!

fallguy666
09-27-2013, 06:41 PM
Finally found a 350x that is in good condition!!!! Brand new plastics and seat.new top end with less than ten hours on it.it does have a few issues though.the decompression cable coming from the motor to the lever doesn't work? Not a big deal buttt...and for some reason the darn thing won't idle.starts on the first kick every time!!! Does anybody know the stock jet size?

CodyRosa
09-27-2013, 08:17 PM
Hi, and congrats on the purchase! Now although they say it has 10 hours still check the oil, air filter, and plug. If it has 10 hours on a top end that'd mean the piston rings are still probably trying to seat.... meaning metal shavings should be in the oil. I replaced my oil 2 times in a matter of 10 hours I think, 5 hours and then 10 hours just to be safe. Also check the plug, i'd hate to buy a new machine to only find out its been running lean and then it seizes on me.

After that to fix your idle turn the idle adjustment screw on the right side. I've never seen a 350x carb but on my 200x carbs there on the right side, little screw with a spring behind it... turn that in while it idles, but go slow!

So the cable doesn't work? As in the cables broke? My machine doesn't have a cable but I was told my decompression lever wont stay up when a valve is bent? Not saying thats your problem sense i've never dealt with a cable decompression lever before. Just a possibility.

Hope i helped i'm in a rush at the moment haha

Cody

fallguy666
09-27-2013, 09:36 PM
No ,when the guy rebuilt it he didn't hook it back up on the inside of the case.not a problem though,I'm a big boy and can kick a cr500 with ease.lol.I think its jetted way to fat.stock is 138main and 40 pilot.its running a 148 main and a 45 pilot.this thing runs out great!!! Good advice on the oil though.and the plug was black as soot when I put a new one in to do a plug chop.it runs great and will idle with the airbkx lid off.have to set it real high though? No smoke,no strange noises.I think it came from up north?

fallguy666
09-27-2013, 09:38 PM
Oh,and on the 350x there is a cable that runs off the kick start to lift the decompression lever.kind of a neat setup....if it worked.lol......just drain and check some of the oil...its almost silver and the filter is,let's just say I'm very disappointed!!! Will change the oil asap!!!!

sp8twn
09-27-2013, 11:19 PM
Show us some:pics:

fallguy666
09-27-2013, 11:48 PM
All her glory.won't be this color long.got an extra tank in the trade.goin black and white with a metal mulisha theme

88RGuy
09-28-2013, 12:05 AM
the larger jets may be due to a bored engine.. i think those will go to like almost a 500cc.. lol i cud be wrong.. bigger piston = more air flow = needed larger jets.. also , the idle could be from a leaky intake problem ..especially if the idle screw doesnt do anything.. possibly cracked.. theyre old.. lol just tryin to help ya bud.. btw,, 350x.... awesome ride.. good on you bud :)

fallguy666
09-28-2013, 12:09 AM
The idle screw was attached to a cable driven thumb bolt,not so much now.I'm at work,all my carb parts are at home.while it was running I sprayed brake cleaner around the intake and carb....no air leaks detected.gonna get a rebuild kit as I'm thinking gas may be getting by the needle at idle