PDA

View Full Version : opinon on a honda 125

King Trikester
09-27-2013, 07:32 PM
im just to addicted, it started when i bought my 225dx, then i found this site and now im addicted. I check kijij and local classifieds 10+ times a day, so far ive got a 225dx, two 83 200m's ones a good solid runner, the other needs a couple minor parts but looks really good, but shes a smoker. anyways i found a 125 for sale, he wants a 100$ for it, i have not seen it but he said it turns over, has all three tires but no plastic,also said it might have high and low, it also comes with misc 250 big red parts, racks and a carb and a few more things. Im just wondering if a 125 is worth the time and effort, do they have enough power to drive me around? im 210lbs. I just started my collection and I cant find it in me to turn down a good deal. what i was thinking was restore it if its in descent shape and keep it for my daughter (shes only 2 months old) but i cant seem to find to much info about them, are they ment for kids or adults? I will put up some pics of it once i go take a look at it. whats your opinion on the 125 honda? oh ya he said hes not sure about the year but he thinks its early 80's

Ghostv2
09-27-2013, 08:43 PM
For $100 take it. That rack that comes with the trike, sell that and right there is your money back.
It's a score either way you look at it. If it's not for you, part it out or sell it as a whole and make a profit since you actually know what you have.

King Trikester
09-27-2013, 08:57 PM
ya good piont, but that might be on hold, i put an add on a local classified saying looikng for atc's. I just got a message and some pics of a running 84es, a 200x all taken apart, comes with frame forks swingarm rear axle and engine and a 250r roller with no engine, sounds like the winter project ive been looking for

Ghostv2
09-27-2013, 09:30 PM
If your able to get that bike for $100 and you sell all that stuff that will give you the extra money for a winter project. Buy it, sell the rack and make your money back quick, go get a winter project, sell parts to make the money back for the winter project. That's if you wanna deal with all that stuff and would be able to sell it quick enough before winter sets in.
Depends what you feel like doing.

auto5man
09-27-2013, 10:55 PM
Can the 125 handle your 210 lbs? I'm new to trikes too, but I can easily answer that one....yes. I have three 125's myself, got them to work on and for my daughters to ride (8 and 11yrs old). We'll I have fun riding them too, and they have no trouble hauling my 210 lbs around. And if you got it to part out, 100 is well worth it. The recoil assembly go for around 50.00 on ebay, the engine covers about 50.00 on ebay, and the sub trans 50.00 to 100.00, just for example. So you could easily cover that cost selling a couple parts. Selling parts like this takes a time commitment too though, I've seen auctions get no takers and the seller list and re list the same part several times, so you might have to be persistent. As far as the 125 model, it doesn't seem to get the same love that other models get and I'm not sure why. Maybe because there weren't as many made? It doesn't have suspension so I get that part, and of course it doesn't have the blinding power and performance like the two strokes and I get that too, but it depends on how you get your enjoyment from the machine. I'm having fun learning how to fix them, and teaching my daughters to ride. I also enjoy just going from point A to B and using them as a tool,,,as opposed to racing or thrill seeking. If I was thrill seeking, then I'd get a 200x, or a 250r, or....you get the point. And although I ride the 125 and enjoy it, the size and capability is suited more for kids. Eventually I want the comfort, power, utility, and adult size of the 250 Big Red for myself. Hope that helps.