PDA

View Full Version : I found myself a nice little honey hole. 200x winter project begins

King Trikester
09-29-2013, 01:18 PM
178008178007178006I put up an add on a local classified site saying "looking for atc's" This guy answered my prayers with a pic of an 84 200es. when i got there he took me into is back yard, which happens to be a forest full of quads, vintage dirtbikes, and anything else you can name with an engine in it. All i kept saying was wow!! this is crazy i cant belive how much stuff you have. It was dark so i could not get pics off anything, but I am going back soon and i will take some.

I did not buy the 84es yet, but i am going to soon, its in decent shape, one damaged fender but everything else on it works great. I did score a 200x,
it its all stripped down to the frame but every thing seems to be there except the fenders and the seat. i could not find a spot of rust on the frame, the gas tank had a little ding on the outside but the inside is almost spotlless. the engine also looks realy clean, no oil stains and its looks to be in really good shape.this also came with an 81 or 82 250r frame, taken apart but everything seems to be there including the oem gold rims with brand new looking spider trac's on the two back, but no engine, seat, plastic, or gas tank.
I dont know the year of the 200x, i will need your help identifiying it, the tag is missing. these are the only pics I have for today, can any of you experts identify the year?

I paid 100$ for all this, that seems like an awsome deal to me, my girl friend thinks its a pile of junk and that I might as well have fushed a 100$ down the toilet but i will show her.

He showed me his other trikes, wich i will be going back for. He has a 200 ytm it looks complete, he said it runs great and he has ridden it, the only issue is the plastic is so faded you almost cant tell that it used to be yellow, but not one crack. He also has a 225 dx or possibly dr frame with a running motor, and rear diff, a must have for parts for my dx. At least 5 other honda 200's the early 80's models, some just frames and some look to be almost complete, and other ytm's plus more suff he did not show me. Theres also a giant pile of atv/dirt bike tires i would like to go through

Im going to try and wheel and deal. Im going to pick up the ytm200 and 84 200es, hopefully 500$ with a couple part trikes included.

bigezee
09-29-2013, 02:15 PM
Nice find. Did he have any 86 200x parts?

From what I can see, the tag in the picture says it was made in 1982.

Ghostv2
09-29-2013, 02:32 PM
Look to be a first gen. ^He also thinks it says 82.
So from what I see it's a 1983 200x.

King Trikester
09-29-2013, 03:00 PM
Ok, I wasn't sure if that 12/82 in the top right corner was the year. Now I realized that it is December 1982 thanks,

He had no other 200x parts, I took them all, I forgot to mention I also got a box of what I believe to be is 86 sx engine parts and other misc parts, he told me it was from a big red 250 but it says "1988 250sx parts" and it has a complete head Light from a 250sx... I haven't had a chance to go thought any boxes of parts yet I can't wait

M.Pargiello
09-30-2013, 06:55 AM
The 200X is an 83,you can tell by the tubular swinger. They didn't sell as 82's. Cool score

King Trikester
09-30-2013, 09:04 AM
Ya it was made December of 1982, wich would make it an 83 and one of the first ones ever built. I wish I new why it was Taken apart, I can't wait to see if the engine runs, who knows it could be a built engine, or the guy planed on building it. Seems how it is taken apart I'm going to get it powder coated, just not sure what color