PDA

View Full Version : Wife and kids say I am a hoarder

Buck Snort
09-30-2013, 10:40 AM
Was told no more trikes, bikes and snowmobiles and was told to get rid of a few things. Even my own son went after me and said it would be nice if I concentrated on 1 project at a time. I have been working on the 350X for a year and it is up and running but I didn't tell them I am now going to strip it down and powder coat the frame. There is a Big RED in pieces in the shop that is now donating parts to my 1982 BR. Just bought a 1983 250R. I do have big dreams for this, but was told by the WARDEN there is no funds what so ever. Some how they also found 3 dirtbikes in the shop . The snowmobiles are at my Mom's house. She is unable too park her car in the garage. I do feel a little bad about this and of course my faithful son informed my wife the one sled needs motor work and told her I was looking at new tracks. After all this hassle about the toys, they went after me about boots. I don't know why but I have always like buying boots. I have 3 pairs of hunting boots.1 for early fall ,a second pair for October and of course a pair for the really cold weather. 3 pairs of winter boots. 2 pairs for work. A lite pair for summer hiking with the dog. The WARDEN figures three grand worth of boots. I put my foot down and told them, they are going too far when they went after the guns. How do you guys handle these complaint? :p

auto5man
09-30-2013, 11:35 AM
hahahahahha....glad to know the same thing happens north of the border too. I had to get a shop in another state just to move some of my projects to stop all the complaining. Worked out good that i moved the 1960 Willys over there, now I have more room in the carport to work on trikes :)

oldskool83
09-30-2013, 11:35 AM
comes down to if you dont need it or not using it start selling it off. 90% of use keep things we will never get around to fixing or using.

Ghostv2
09-30-2013, 01:08 PM
comes down to if you dont need it or not using it start selling it off. 90% of use keep things we will never get around to fixing or using.
She says no more funds, so do what oldskool suggested. Sell the projects you won't get to or sell the parts laying around to fund current projects.
You don't hear a woman complain about too many shoes that often. Maybe you do have a lot, but you do need some good boots for hunting, and not like you can wear your boots for rifle deer season and then wear them for spring gobbler, so I understand it to some extent. But stick to one pair for each application. Explain it to them and maybe they will agree to one pair for each season.
A snowmobile would be useless down where I live. Crappy winters with little snow lately. But up there I imagine it gets lots of use. Say ones for you and ones for your son or whoever else wants to ride it.

atc300r
09-30-2013, 01:14 PM
I hear ya. I sell scrap to pay for most of my trike parts.When my wife says anything about my toys I just remind her of how many pairs of shoes she has.LOL:cool:

MRSOUND
09-30-2013, 01:44 PM
You just gotta find better places to hide your "projects";) Believe me, I got plenty. Just can't seem to get one done without getting another one:wondering As soon as camping season is over it's time to take inventory and clean some out. I need room in case I find another project!:D

oldskool83
09-30-2013, 04:15 PM
You just gotta find better places to hide your "projects";) Believe me, I got plenty. Just can't seem to get one done without getting another one:wondering As soon as camping season is over it's time to take inventory and clean some out. I need room in case I find another project!:D

well i took one from ya. no its got a bandito frame lol

MRSOUND
09-30-2013, 04:59 PM
well i took one from ya. no its got a bandito frame lol
So which one do you want next? Got a 200s looking for a home:p

blue27
09-30-2013, 07:19 PM
my wife just understands...sometimes she brings them home for me, lol It helps that she has worked at a motorcycle shop for the last 15yrs so she gets it. BUT it all has to fit in the garage, or the shed, or the attic, or Dads garage, etc.

Buck Snort
09-30-2013, 07:39 PM
COOL! That would make life easier.
my wife just understands...sometimes she brings them home for me, lol It helps that she has worked at a motorcycle shop for the last 15yrs so she gets it. BUT it all has to fit in the garage, or the shed, or the attic, or Dads garage, etc.

oldskool83
09-30-2013, 08:21 PM
Mrsound, I don't need or want anymore. I only started getting bikes i want to keep around and use so it limits me. I use to buy as much i could fit in the house. Now if somthing comes in somthing has to go of equal size. And that 110 is all in parts in the back of my quadcab dodge ram now in a million peices and 1/3 is are HRE getting redone!

gootheboy
10-07-2013, 09:20 PM
this is why i'm single lol

King Trikester
10-11-2013, 06:22 PM
Mine acts happy and cool about it until she gets into a bad mood. "well you could have done this but instead you where working on your stupid trikes"
I always come back with something like "they arent stupid, should I get a new hobbie like smoking crack or something? what would you prefer"
But 95% of the time she's cool with it, the problem is that this is just the beggining of my collection

Big G
10-11-2013, 07:06 PM
All valid points gentlemen, and I can relate with each to some degree. But unfortunately the truth of the matter is there's no "easy fix" to this problem. Easy to say "sell a few". Easy to say "that's the problem with getting married". Easy to say "store them somewhere else". Easy to say "sneak out in the middle of the night and putter away while the family's sleeping". Yes, if only it was that easy. But the cold hard fact of the matter is that this is a real problem, and it's taking America (yes including north of the border) by storrm. What I'm trying to say is, and I'm gonna be blunt, once you've been afflicted by this disease, there's no remedy. I'm sorry to break the news to you Buck Snort.