PDA

View Full Version : '86 350x front caliper and rear caliper brake stay.

motox40
10-01-2013, 10:27 PM
1. I have rebuilt the front master cylinder and caliper and the brakes r still spongy. You can squeeze the lever to the bar and they do work just not real good. I ordered a caliper off ebay and it said it was a '86 but it has the the ribs on the outside of the caliper. I got looking in my service manual and it shows that the one I ordered is a '85 according to the pic. The '86 caliper is smooth on the outside. I have looked at online pics and have seen both. Can anybody confirm which brake goes with which machine? 2. My machine is a '86 by the way. I found a brake stay on ebay for a '85 and emailed him to ask if it would work with a '86 and he replied that the '86 did not have a brake stay. Its the piece that goes from the rear caliper and bolts to the swingarm. Mine has it on there should it be there? Mine has a pro-link swingarm I think the guy said its 2.5" longer. I want to get the little things done before I do the make over at the end of winter. I didn't know if he had to add that brake stay on account of the swingarm he put on. I have the oem swingarm and I am thinking of putting that back on. Thanks for any feedback. This a great web site.

sledcrazyinCT
10-02-2013, 10:44 AM
Did you change the rubber lines going to the calipers? If your brakes are still spongy try a new rubber or braided brake line on your front.

manbearpig
10-02-2013, 10:48 AM
Mine has a pro-link swingarm I think the guy said its 2.5" longer.

you're gonna have to post up pictures to get more help

last time i checked, 350X didnt use a pro link. some extended swingers were made, but those are few and far between.

lets see what cha got!

motox40
10-04-2013, 09:15 AM
Yes it still has stock cables. I thought maybe that could be it but my son has a 86' 200x and his work great.

motox40
10-04-2013, 09:16 AM
you're gonna have to post up pictures to get more help

last time i checked, 350X didnt use a pro link. some extended swingers were made, but those are few and far between.

lets see what cha got! I will try to get pics tonight how do I post them on here