PDA

View Full Version : kawasaki klt 160 head swap? what will fit What about gear reduction

mercuno
10-03-2013, 10:30 PM
So I got this thing for a song and realize it is a rare bird now. It barely has enough low end to move by big but out of a small mud hole. So I dont care about going fast but need more go. What heads off of what larger cc trikes will bolt on with little to no modification or how would one go about reducing the gearing on the shafty? Thanks for any help

mercuno
10-03-2013, 10:48 PM
I was looking for pistons and found that they have the same part numbers. However, the crank and the connecting rods are different PN's so That must mean a 185 is a stroked 160 if my logic is correct. I cannot find any specs on the piston itself to maybe find something with a larger bore that I could ream this thing out to and just slide in a different piston while I am swapping crank and rod. Any body have a spec sheet anywhere??/

mercuno
10-05-2013, 12:27 AM
UUUUUGh!! This thing has a vm22ss carb and it is a pain to figure out which parts you need and a safe place to order them from. I went through the carb after we put a snorkel on it and it would not run at all proper, Guess what, has been rebuilt apparently a million times and the pilot screw and idle screw were screwed all the way in with no tiny washers or orings that were supposed to be there. Wonder it ran at all.