PDA

View Full Version : YT60 performance(NOT FOR KIDS)

bubbasyt
10-07-2013, 07:56 PM
hey guys I need help....... I have a 1984 Tri-Zinger 60 that I have owned since 2001. It has a qt50 head, baffling removed from pipe, clamp on air filter, bent frame(bent when i bought it) and has been converted to pre mix fuel. My question is, now that it has been neglected for the last decade and i have 2 kids, what can i do to make this thing really rip? IT IS NOT FOR THE KIDS!!!! i would never allow my kids to ride a tricycle with a bent frame, so I'm not letting them ride a 3 wheeler with a bent frame. I have 2 mini quads for the kids(Eton 50 and Eton 90) so they have their toys. I want to get the zinger to really move so i can enjoy riding with them and not have to worry about having a full size machine around them. I'm going to go with the 70cc big bore but I want to put a stroker crank of some sort in it, bigger carb, bigger/better intake tube/reed cage system, port work and a pipe if i can find one. Again this is NOT for the kids. They are 4 years and 18 months, so there is still some time for me to ride the Eton 90 around with them but soon enough i'll need something else and it will be the yt60. I have heard of using higher stall PW50 clutches( might help, I'm fat, 6'0" and 240lbs.) and yes i look goofy on a yt but i don't care. I just want to get the little girl running like a champ. I had it up to 32mph with my fat ass on flat straight road once...once. Sorry for length of post but I just want everyone to know its being modified for me not the kids! Thanks guys!

3 Wheel Drive
10-11-2013, 12:39 AM
I've got 3 Tri Zingers, 2 of them have the Molassi 70cc kits with boyeseen c/f reeds and DG pipes. I just use the stock carbs and jetting which work fine. One of the zingers I put Molassis high comp head on the 70cc jug, it's worth getting,, the fins are larger and it makes it rip a little bit more IMO.

The last few times riding id run 110 octane which is a lot if fun! I'm pretty big on the zinger and it feels like 40 mph or more. Oh and the one with the smaller rear tires is the way to go!! Here's a few pics:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=1912

and a video,,, you prolly want to fast forward like 5 mins... Not much to see until I start riding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKM3HPMjkMQ&feature=youtu.be

Ghostv2
10-11-2013, 11:05 AM
I've got 3 Tri Zingers, 2 of them have the Molassi 70cc kits with boyeseen c/f reeds and DG pipes. I just use the stock carbs and jetting which work fine. One of the zingers I put Molassis high comp head on the 70cc jug, it's worth getting,, the fins are larger and it makes it rip a little bit more IMO.

The last few times riding id run 110 octane which is a lot if fun! I'm pretty big on the zinger and it feels like 40 mph or more. Oh and the one with the smaller rear tires is the way to go!! Here's a few pics:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=1912

and a video,,, you prolly want to fast forward like 5 mins... Not much to see until I start riding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKM3HPMjkMQ&feature=youtu.be

Now that makes me want to get one. I keep seeing them cheap its just they are in horrible condition and i dont wanna buy plastics.

If you wanna skip to actual riding, right around 8 minutes. Maybe 20 seconds before or so.

3 Wheel Drive
10-11-2013, 05:35 PM
My first one was a little expensive but it came with title and resigstration. The other 2 were 150 each but missing parts. I bought new electronics, front fenders, starters and others stuff. They are really fun when you get em all running around! I never did get to film the rides we had when all 4 lil trikes were racing around the ice.

I have no info on stroker builds, im pretty much an amature at this stuff. Im sure someone else has done one on here. Get the kit, dg pipe and reeds youll be happy.

Ghostv2
10-11-2013, 09:04 PM
Dang, there is 3 on CL near me but for $200-300 with trashed front fenders and missing a carb, missing recoil, or this or that. Stock wise are they faster than ATC70's? Since they are 2 stroke.

3 Wheel Drive
10-12-2013, 02:37 AM
The missing front fender is not a big deal, they are inexpensive to replace. The missing recoil is sometimes hard to find for me at least... I did a google search and found a site that had them new, but it was after I bought one used.

I've never seen an Atc 70 in person so it's hard to say which is faster. It would be a lot of fun to find out, especially with the bb kit. 70cc zinger vs. atc 70,,, i know there's a lot of other mods you can do to the zinger like adding the yammahopper 2 speed and other mods.

Jemco can also make a pipe for the zinger but it's a little more expensive, the DG pipes are in stock and ship fast!

Ghostv2
10-12-2013, 01:33 PM
Alright well thanks for the info, i know who to ask when it comes to these zingers.

nickclark
02-19-2016, 01:44 AM
hi i have two tri z 60s and yamaha four zinger 60 i rebuilt the entire four zinger using oem parts for my son he loves it.i recently started working on one of the tri zingers for myself can you give me any input on this 2 speed i have been hearing about

BrNicolo
01-05-2017, 07:34 PM
I would also like some info on the 2 speed tranny's and rear end gears. And where did you get the OEM parts from? I would buy new fenders, a clutch and a bunch of other stuff if I could. And is the DG pipe still available, haven't had much luck finding one

Shep1970
01-05-2017, 08:07 PM
Here's the pipe you'd probably have to call to see if they had any in stock.
http://dgperformance.com/motorcycle-exhaust.php?pyID=11638

Shep