PDA

View Full Version : Hershey pa car shows

dustrunner
10-07-2013, 09:50 PM
Gonna go to hershey pa to the classic car show this weekend... Coming from ny does anyone have any suggestions of short cuts or good places to park ? IVE NEVER BEEN THERE...

oldskool83
10-09-2013, 03:15 PM
leave very early and everysit down place around to eat will be packed. just a warning. however taco bell will not be lol.

enjoy. I try and stay out of hershey. But if you like burgers Ill suggest fudruckers, $8 for a 1lber.

dustrunner
10-09-2013, 04:14 PM
ya ive been going to Carlisle for 30 years but with the rain last weekend I decided to try Hershey...we leave at 3 and get to Carlisle at 630 so im thinking the same about hershey...just was wondering of a shortcut and a place to park as close as possible so I don't hafta haul goodies 1/2 mile after getting off the grounds of the show.

redsox
10-09-2013, 06:30 PM
i went a bunch to both carlisle and hershey in the 80's. at the time hershey was absolutely the big dog. it dwarfed carlisle. there was something about carlisle that i always liked more than hershey, but i cant really explain what. after a 25 year hiatus my dad and I went back to carlisle in 2012. we found it much smaller then we remembered, especially the car corral. i attribute that to the internet. you can shop the world from your living room now, you don't have to walk through a muddy field in PA. i'd be interested in going back to hershey to compare it to way back when. i guess i answered ZERO of your questions. Good luck. -Helpful hint i just remembered- buying beer is weird in that part of PA. you gotta go to like a restaurant or a drug store or some weird state run packy that keeps their beer warm and in a back room. bizarro world. plan accordingly.

dustrunner
10-12-2013, 09:05 PM
ya redsox i have allways gone to carlisle myself but it was a 50 % chane of rain so i decided to try hershey but it had a 70 % chance of rain so after getting up at 2:30 and it was raining we decided to wait till next year.... maybe gas will be cheaper in 14 ....

oldskool83
10-12-2013, 10:03 PM
didnt rain at all here today. was nice as all hell. we had biblicalrain however thursday and friday.