PDA

View Full Version : Newby from Tn.

yamabro
10-08-2013, 02:05 AM
I'm new to this site but so glad I've found it. A lot of useful info and very helpful people from what I've read so far.
I'm the proud owner of a 1985 Kawasaki KLT 160. I've had this trike for a few years now, it was given to me... Yes given to me. No joke. The people I got this trike from
were throwing it away because they said "It wouldn't run, it's old, and dangerous". The motor would turn over but not enough compression to fire. The intake valve
adjustment was to tight. I set the clearance and POW it fired right up. It ran great for a few years, but every now and then I would have to adjust the valves to allow it
to fire up again. But now there is no more adjustment, I guarantee the valve has become razor thin. So now it's time for a top end rebuild.

Ghostv2
10-08-2013, 09:32 AM
Welcome to the forums, cant beat a free 3 wheeler. At least its in someones hands who appreciates it.

ScreaminRed
10-09-2013, 10:05 PM
Good deal! Sounds like you've got your money's worth out of it so far! Good luck on the top end rebuild and welcome to the site!

Big G
10-10-2013, 10:59 AM
Surprising how many people think these trikes are worthless and willing to just throw them out. As you found out, most of the time some fine tuning will get them running again. Glad to see you saved this Kawi from the landfill. Engine rebuild and she'll serve you well for many years to come! Welcome to 3wheelerworld :)

yamabro
10-13-2013, 08:31 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm excited about digging into this top end on this Kawasaki. I just hope the parts will be available. If anyone knows of a reputable supplier for a top end kit and gaskets, please feel free to let me know. Thanks

auto5man
10-17-2013, 10:58 PM
Welcome from another TN member :)

JasonB
10-18-2013, 03:29 PM
welcome to the boards!

Daniel86
11-09-2013, 11:49 PM
Welcome from just south west of Nashville.