PDA

View Full Version : My '84 250R project and barn finds

bbuie
10-08-2013, 11:10 AM
A couple of years ago I stumbled upon a gentleman who has a rather large collection of older bike related stuff crammed into about a 40'x60' steel building. Apparently these were all things he has collected over the years to restore and sell. There is everything from Honda CR, XL, XR to three wheelers, four wheelers and even a Rokon Trailbreaker (which I bought). I went there to find parts for a Kawasaki Bayou and got to talking to him. When he opened the door on that building, I was absolutely floored. In fact, my excitement ran ahead of my wallet and I ended up buying the '68 Rokon Trailbreaker, a '74 Honda Elsinore MR50 (which was my first bike as a kid) and an '84 ATC 250R with two engines and a smattering of extra pieces here and there. I ended up with $150 in the 250R. I brought it home and stuffed in my tractor shed until I finished some other projects. Now it's time to work on it. I plan to make a winter project out of it and an '85 ATC250ES Big Red. Anyway, here are a couple of pics of it. I'll post more as I progress.

King Trikester
10-08-2013, 01:56 PM
That's a nice find, I'm waiting for the day that I stumble upon a barn with an atc, I know there's one out there for me, I just have to be patient. That thing looks good, I'm a bit jealous and yes, post pics if your build

bbuie
10-08-2013, 02:40 PM
I know they're out there for sure. It never ceases to amaze me how many cool ATCs I see locally on Craigslist. Currently there is an ad for two 200X's, one is an 85 and the other is an '86. $500 each or $800 for the pair. They look reasonably nice. There's another ad currently, a 200X for $800 that looks ten times better than anything I have.