PDA

View Full Version : New to selling, all tips appreciated

Ghostv2
10-08-2013, 02:52 PM
So like the title says im interested in listing some parts for sale. I never sold anything on eBay before and after reading a lot of their tips it still leaves you a little unsure. Now i can figure out how to list an item and all that jazz, my questions arise at the sold/shipping part. Now im sure after the listing ends and the guy pays it goes to my paypal account. Does it say that he payed or do i need to check my funds myself? I print out a shipping label and then....do i take the part and label down to the post office or ups store and they will package it for me? Or do i need to purchase the box and all then bring it home and do all that? How do i figure out shipping?

Im also interested on selling here because its cheaper, easier, and more direct. Now im sure im past the post count/wait time required to sell and im wondering how this works? He pays, i get his address and just package it and ship it? If you got any tips for larger items thats appreciated too, such as forks.

I never shipped anything before so any tips appreciated. I got a 200x im trying to part out, it runs and drives but i dont have the money to buy another parts bike to get some stuff off of it so i dont put more money into it than its worth. I cant work due to recovering from surgery so i cant really buy the parts or a parts bike. Plus it gives me room to get another one. I might try and trade it first, who knows.

You guys have been through this, you know what to do and what not to do. You guys could also tell me if its worth even parting out, because i dont know how long these parts will take to sell. I mean im in no hurry but you know what i mean.

Poco Loco
10-08-2013, 03:09 PM
When I sell I send the auction winner an invoice.And when I get paid, I get an email notice that says "you just received a payment from so and so" Whoever won the auction in other words. Then I log onto paypal and see if the $$$ is actually there. If it is then I see what his address is and send the package with a copy of the invoice inside. To print shipping labels you need to open an account with UPS or USPS and you can print your shipping lable with a bar code already on it. I just drop mine off at the local postal annex and they weigh it and charge for shipping then. Sometimes I will prepackage and weigh it at the annex so I know how much to charge for shipping. You can inflate the shipping if you like but sometimes that will affect the amount of bidders you'll get. I hope this helps.

When you package, make sure the item doesnt shift and slide in the box. Cut up cardboard and newspaper balls work good. Lots of clear packaging tape to make the package durable.

Most of all be honest. Dont try to sugarcoat how the part is. Good clear pics and tell the truth.