PDA

View Full Version : New Guy

Boomba
10-08-2013, 09:31 PM
Hey Guys new to the site here, but had a chance to ride with quite a few folks here and amped up to get going on 3WW. Just got a set of Bear Claws for my 250sx for winter rides, but need a set for hard pack trail riding...curious to see what guys like to ride. Do alot of rocky trail riding, but like something to be fast on wide open trails. Thanks

CodyRosa
10-08-2013, 10:02 PM
Hi and welcome to 3ww! If you want something thats good get holeshots. I used holeshots for trail riding AND hill climbing.. they grip so well going up hills. I ran 20 inch holeshots on mine. These are made of a stiffer rubber. I hit sticks head on and did nothing haha.

Now on my 300ex I have Kenda Dominators which are just like holeshots except they don't get as good as grip up hill, BUT there amazing for sliding around corners, and they're made of a softer rubber thats great for soaking up bumps. I used them today on a 70mile trail ride and I wouldn't have switched them for anything else.

Both tires are light tires.

Sense you want them for rocky trails I'd suggest holeshots.

dougspcs
10-08-2013, 11:53 PM
I have Bear Claws all around on my SX..

Perfect 4 season tires..what's wrong with using them on hard pack or rocky trails??

ColtonGG33
10-09-2013, 12:11 AM
TRAILPROS FTW lol and welcome!

redsox
10-09-2013, 06:17 PM
good work buddy, welcome aboard. oems for summer, bear claws for the slop. get your posts in and learn the site. classifieds are worth it.