PDA

View Full Version : 225dx paint match?

King Trikester
10-09-2013, 11:26 PM
Winter is right around the corner, snow is in the 1 week forecast, I am going to start build a ski attachment for my yellow 1983 225dx, any one know what the spay bomb color match is?

dougspcs
10-10-2013, 08:50 AM
We'll since it's not a painted trike you may have a problem locating a paint code to match, add to that 28 years of plastic fade and you are gonna have a really hard time!!

You could either take the front fender off and take it paint shopping or swipe a bunch of paint colour cards from the local hardware store and take them home to match to your trike..

Then go shopping with that..

Third option, go safe and paint it black!

King Trikester
10-10-2013, 12:22 PM
Ok I will have to experiment, the plastic isn't faded to bad I can tell it hasn't spent much time in the sun, I've seen other Yamaha's that are so faded that you almost can't tell what colour it used to be. I'm going to start this project today at work if I have some spare time, I will take pics of the build and post it, I'm not sure how well
It's going to turn out but it looks good in my head

Jwmajic
10-10-2013, 02:44 PM
I've found krylon fusion yellow to be a good match for Yamaha yellow when I've painted fenders. I'm sure their regular yellow paint would be close too.