PDA

View Full Version : Kwasaki KLT250 HELP!!

caseyhopkins12
10-11-2013, 02:11 PM
I recently traded my .22 for a Kawasaki KLT250. It currently does not run due to no spark. It does turn over though. I believe it needs either a CDI box or and ignition coil. I am not quite sure of the year. I looked on the forks and on the sticker there is no year. One thing that I have never seen bore is the control panel that is on top of the plastic that is usually a gas tank on a Honda three wheeler. I believe the switches control the fuel pump, lights, starter, and the on or off switch (all shown in the picture). This trike has me stumped. If someone could please give me some info on this trike that would be great!! Thank you.

Ghostv2
10-11-2013, 02:52 PM
Well as i have no experience with any of the kawasaki trikes, ill say welcome to the forums. That looks kinda rough. The handlebars look like they are from a pedal bike. And it seems your going to need a throttle too. If you search there is a lot of old threads on here about the KLT's, maybe some of them will help. It seems they did have a lot of kinks to work out even from the factory.

caseyhopkins12
10-11-2013, 03:05 PM
I have already ordered a throttle for it, the old one was shot. Also I just ordered a CDI and ignition coil. I heard the CDI's were a common problem with these trikes. I also just ordered a tuning kit with the oil filter, spark plug, and air filter. Hopefully next Friday I can get to work on it. College has me preoccupied at the moment :beer
I have looked at the other threads an not a single one has this control panel. So I am assuming the previous owner rigged that together.

Bungle
10-11-2013, 03:12 PM
I had a klt 200 with no spark because of a blown cdi. I fitted a suzuki gs125 cdi because It uses the same type of supply as the klt with a 12v dc supply from the battery. It worked great and never had any trouble and they are very cheap to buy

caseyhopkins12
10-11-2013, 03:40 PM
I had a klt 200 with no spark because of a blown cdi. I fitted a suzuki gs125 cdi because It uses the same type of supply as the klt with a 12v dc supply from the battery. It worked great and never had any trouble and they are very cheap to buy

Good to know as I just ordered a Kawai CDI... there goes $80 :cry:

MonroeMike
10-12-2013, 12:43 AM
Service data
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/126871-KLT200-250-Service-Data